Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Mitchell convicted for knife possession..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Mitchell convicted for knife possession..

This idiot really is trying to flush his career down the toilet...

http://www.livefight.com/news.php?ne...42&y=2011&m=10

Dagenham lightweight Kevin Mitchell was lucky to escape a prison sentence after a judge ruled in favour of community service, after a knife was found in the boxer's car following routine checks in his neighbourhood.

Mitchell told police he had just realised there was a knife in the car and the weapon did not belong to him, and he had no idea how it got into the car, but was convicted after a trial by judge Amakye.

“You ought to have reversed back up to your home and left the knife in a secure place, rather than taking the risk of continuing on your journey, hopefully to get to your training session without recrimination from your trainer,” she said.

“I cannot however, in passing sentence, disregard the incidence of possession of a knife of this nature and also the tragic consequences when people have such knives in their possession, albeit for reasons I have outlined, the prosecution accept it was never in your possession with an intention of having it to use it,” she said.

The boxer will now have a six-month community order to complete 100 hours of umpaid community work. He will also have to abide by a 3 month curfew between 9pm and 7am in the morning.

The conviction comes amid questions from the boxing community as to why John Murray, who Mitchell beat earlier this year, was afforded a world title shot in America in December - a fight that Mitchell coveted.

Perhaps the recent court appearances may have had an impact on any visa applications.

Kev, what you playing at?!?!?

You've just got your career back on track don't throw it away.

Comment

you can go to prison for having a knife? lol in the US you can have a god damn RPG and get like $500 fine.

Comment

If his mum isn't growing potent weed, Kev is rolling around with a knife.

The guy gets paid a hundred + grand a fight yet acts like pleb. He needs to sort his **** out and fast.

Comment

Damn I have a lot of knives in my room lol. Didn't know you could get in trouble. Gonn have to hide all my katanas and swords lol.

Comment

He was selling weed and now this.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                you can go to prison for having a knife? lol in the US you can have a god damn RPG and get like $500 fine.
                What kind of pussy ass country bans a pocket knife?

Comment

he just wants to have fun

Comment

Working...
                  X