No announcement yet.

Bendo/Melendez and Cormier/Mir set for UFC on Fox 7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
    Have you seen Melendez even fight? Melendez has outstruck Josh Thompson, Masdevil, Tawajiri he smashed. Him & Alvarez are easily top 3 lightweights outside the UFC and belong top 5-10 in the world. Even Ishida, Ayoki and Guida he beat. Ishida and Guida are tough wrestlers and Tawajiri & Aoki are good submissionist I don't think Bendo can finish him.
    I've seen all of his televised fights and no, I'm not impressed that he outstruck Thompson and Masvedal (who was in the worst form of his life that night). Henderson went toe-to-toe with the best LW MMA boxer in Edgar and managed to completely nullify Diaz's striking, which has been very impressive at 155. I don't know how much longer people can keep their eyes shut to Henderson. I maintain that he is a step or two above Melendez in all areas. Henderson has been fighting the best while Melendez has had many fun but meaningless fights. We'll find out this goes down relatively soon. BTW, I think E. Alvarez would be a far better and more dynamic fight. If anything, Melendez should be fighting Maynard for a contender spot.

Comment

Working...
    X