No announcement yet.

Antonio Margarito didn't use wraps when he pummelled Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
    how come margarito never broke his hands though? if he had rocks on his knuckles wouldn't he brake his hands?
    because he never cheated.....

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Cool story... Back to the topic.

Marg had rocks in his gloves.

His own words, he didnt even know capetilo was doing it, so how would he even know if he was rockin em against Cotto.

How does a rock get fit into gloves? How does it bend?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        So did they surgically remove cottons skull and replace it with a bowling ball for that one fight?
        Is that the best you can come up with....

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
        So all of the people who shook Tony's hands after the fight, didn't notice they were rock hard?

They all noticed how many uppercuts Cotto ate , but completely went numb when shaking tonys hands.

Oooohh k.
        Considering it would be on the backside of the hand, you wouldnt notice anything shaking someones hand.

Wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          How does a rock get fit into gloves? How does it bend?
          If you dont understand the vocabulary relation to what I said, then carrying any kind of competent conversation with you is a waste of time,

Comment

Considering it would be on the backside of the hand, you wouldnt notice anything shaking someones hand.

Wtf.
            Well honestly answer me then

You know the sort of damage that hardened wraps can do, it's one step down from brass knucks

Cotto has always been known to mark up and cut, and Margarito has demonstrated that he still hits very hard (pac figgt) with no wraps

So how did cotto manage to absorb so much punishment

It's just as likely that cotto had a plaster head that marg had plaster wraps

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Well honestly answer me then

You know the sort of damage that hardened wraps can do, it's one step down from brass knucks

Cotto has always been known to mark up and cut, and Margarito has demonstrated that he still hits very hard (pac figgt) with no wraps

So how did cotto manage to absorb so much punishment

It's just as likely that cotto had a plaster head that marg had plaster wraps
              Did you not see his face at the end of the fight?

Why am I giving a bunch of obvious common sense answers.... Stupid ass questioning around here.

Comment

Wtf.
                Do you have baby hands that don't reach around a persons hand? I shake hands with men and definitely feel at least the last knuckle. Many times, the person congratulating the boxer grabs with both hands. You're really gonna try to argue they wouldn't have noticed? People shake hands at boxing events all night long.

Comment

Not really.

If he would do it to gain an advantage against an old shot Mosley, he would do it against a career defining win against an undefeated Cotto.

Weather they fancied their chances or not.

Winning against Cotto would change the entire landscape of his career... It would be THE fight to increase your chances of winning.
                  I see it the other way around. Capetillo would be more likely to load his gloves for a fight which he was poorly prepared for than a fight where he was at his peak against a guy he knew he had the beating of.

I think it had less to do with who the opponent was and more to do with the fact that Margarito was dead at the weight.

Comment

Why am I giving a bunch of obvious common sense answers.... Stupid ass questioning around here.
                    He looked worse at the end of the pac fight oh yeah I forgot pac was on ripped fuel

Comment

I seen his face and I also seen someone land more punches on it than at any other point in his career up to that night.

Comment

Working...
                      X