Chinese media: "chemical weapons excuse for US to intervene in Syria"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese media: "chemical weapons excuse for US to intervene in Syria"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19345629

Chinese state media have accused US President Barack Obama of planning to use Syria's chemical weapons as an excuse for intervening militarily.

The state news agency, Xinhua, was responding to a warning from Mr Obama that Syria would be crossing a "red line" if it tried to use such weapons.

"Once again, Western powers are digging deep for excuses to intervene militarily," it said.

China and Russia have blocked attempts to impose UN sanctions on Syria.

China insists a ceasefire and UN-led mediation remain the best ways to end Syria's woes.

Russia believes Syria has no intention of using its chemical weapons and is able to safeguard them, a foreign ministry source in Moscow told Russia's Kommersant newspaper.

A "confidential dialogue" with the Syrian government on the security of the arsenal has convinced Russia "the Syrian authorities do not intend to use these weapons and are capable of keeping them under control themselves", the unnamed source said.

The ministry also accused the West of doing nothing to urge the opposition to enter a dialogue with the Assad government

syria has had chemical weapons for like decades.

lame excuse.

Comment

If Obama gets re-elected, the U.S will not involve itself directly into Syria. It will be handled much like Libya was.

If crazy mormon boy with the magical underwear gets elected, I think we might see something a little more drastic because god might tell him to do something.

Comment

The potential for Assad to use chemical weapons against his own people is probably a good excuse to intervene in Syria. But as all Western foreign policy is concerned - dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

Comment

The US Govt is the most corrupt of all governments. Who the **** are we are kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            If Obama gets re-elected, the U.S will not involve itself directly into Syria. It will be handled much like Libya was.

If crazy mormon boy with the magical underwear gets elected, I think we might see something a little more drastic because god might tell him to do something.
            actually i think its the opposite.

what's the saying?

republicans want a big army that it doesn't want to send anywhere.

democrats want a small army but sends it everywhere.

republicans start wars over money, resources, etc.

the freedom/human rights/humanitarian aid bs military actions is usually the lib dems.

cons reps is about money not civil rights of non-caucasian non-christians.

doesn't sound nice but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
              The US Govt is the most corrupt of all governments. Who the **** are we are kidding?
              i wouldn't say most corrupt. probably somewhere around the middle.

only thing is we have power to affect the world. few gov't have that influence.

Comment

i'm with tua.

barry soetoro will likely intervene. even hillary gets orgasms talking about syria.

romney will slow things down but will still send us further down the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  i'm with tua.

barry soetoro will likely intervene. even hillary gets orgasms talking about syria.

romney will slow things down but will still send us further down the toilet.
                  we have no interests in syria.

if it makes no money, it makes no cents(sense) to republicans.

libya we kinda just supported our european allies because they had interests in libyan oil.

i'd rather assad stay in power. democracy in other countries don't interest me. especially if they'll just elect religious wackos.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    C'mon you must not know anything other then the US

Just take Ukraine, who have the resources to become a pretty powerful natiOn, yet greed and corruPtion has always overrun it, preventing that

Comment

Working...
                    X