No announcement yet.

Holding saved Wlad's career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Differance is ali was the greatest boxer of all time according to most"not me" who clinched most out of everybody,he was a black American...switch bodies and klitchko would be an instant best boxer of all time...really not a race card but lets talk real talk...Ali WAS known as the greatest simply out odf delusion he was American and looking at another outsider who systematically breaks his opponents down is not realistic to the deluded boxing fans .Ali's biggest weapon for defense was clinching and pulling down on the head...real talk!
    I never brought up Ali so not sure why brought up all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Obayifo View Post
      See but that's where you're wrong.

Wlad's defense = complete garbage when he's not allowed to clinch

Ward and Floyd are natural defensive wizards, even without clinching.

Ward and Floyd also pose inside game, Wlad's inside game is composed of thin air, because it doesn't exist.
      Ward a natural defensive wizard? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos View Post
        I never brought up Ali so not sure why brought up all that.
        Well you are complaining about clinchin so how is ali not relevant?

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          That isn't great defense, it's pretty basic stuff that most mobile tall fighters do, his footwork is good though. Holding prevents inside fighting, uppercuts, bodywork, sneaky hooks on the inside, short powerful punches, and Wlad's opponents aren't allowed to fight there smh.

His defense looks even better from holding and leaning him body on his opponent all night, carrying 240lbs over 12 rounds is tiring. Nobody else in boxing benefits from holding like him bc of his sheer height and strength, as well as how blatantly he gets away with it.

Just because you can do some things good on defense, doesn't make you a great defensive fighter. Wlad's defense is horrible without holding.
          I never said he is a GREAT defensive fighter or GREAT offensive fighter. He is simply a GREAT fighter, that's all you can say about him. There i Defining someone as a great defensive fighter would mean that his fighting style revolved around some kind of effort of being defensive, a la Floyd Mayweather. He is a good defensive fighter and this is demonstrated by the fact that he barely gets hit clean. The only thing you can do at that point is try to put a negative spin and minimize what he is doing, by calling it holding or "He is just tall". There are plenty of of fighters hold, and plenty of fighters who are tall, yet I don't see them dominating and getting hit as little as Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Obayifo View Post
            See but that's where you're wrong.

Wlad's defense = complete garbage when he's not allowed to clinch

Ward and Floyd are natural defensive wizards, even without clinching.

Ward and Floyd also pose inside game, Wlad's inside game is composed of thin air, because it doesn't exist.
            He is 6'6 and is taller then his opponents the majority of the time, thought not always. And you are basing your opinion based off of an aesthetic preference for Westernized style of fighting which is primarily seen in African-American fighters. No Eastern-European fighters gets taught to fight in the form of a Andre Ward of Floyd, yet that doesn't make them any less effective as seen by Wlad's record and in the way he dominates.

Comment

^^^THIS^^^

All the crybabies here defend clinching when it's bhop, floyd or ward. I wonder what the difference is.......
              Because their holding is more ARTISTIC. See it's Sweet science when a Western fighter does it. Primarily an African-American. But when a European fighter does it, he is a bum with no skills.

It's just American snobbery. And I'm a huge B-Hop fan.

Comment

I don't like Wlad at all but at this point in time he's clearly past his prime, I don't believe for a second that it was Jennings that stopped him from using the straight right hand. It's like he couldn't pull the trigger anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                  Because their holding is more ARTISTIC. See it's Sweet science when a Western fighter does it. Primarily an African-American. But when a European fighter does it, he is a bum with no skills.

It's just American snobbery. And I'm a huge B-Hop fan.
                  Could it also be that Hopkins, Mayweather and Ward utilize it to work on the inside, and also know how to fight in/ out of the clinch?
                  Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 04-26-2015, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    wlad was a very mediocre fighter before he developed his cheating tactics. he will never be great because he should be dq'd in most of his fights. 187 clinches vs povetkin, 96 vs jennings, 44 in 4 rounds vs pulev. it's crap. everytime his opponent gets in position to throw a punch he just grabs them and leans on them so much that he walks across the ring with his body weight on them. having a 245 man putting all his weight on you probably would tire you out wouldn't it? he will never be great for the simple fact that he had to cheat to be "great" when he tried to play by the rules he hit the canvas a dozen times.
                    you counted clinches again?

Comment

^^^THIS^^^

All the crybabies here defend clinching when it's bhop, floyd or ward. I wonder what the difference is.......
                      hes too white

Comment

Working...
                      X