Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gonzalez: Canelo is NOT The Best - Until He Beats Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
    They weren't much a challenge because GGG has already conquered those rankings. That's the reason. Or maybe GGG is just that good. Or maybe you just don't want to give him credit for being unified for this long? Look, I understand why some want to poke holes in GGG's resume. But I'm just going to repeat what someone else said on this site: criticizing GGG for not having a better resume is the same as criticizing a baseball player for not hitting a homerun after being walked.
    Your stolen analogy is useless, but really it doesn't matter. The reason's behind them not being much of a challenge aren't really the point. They wouldn't have been much of a challenge for Canelo or Cotto either. The point remains... Wade, Monroe, Rubio... at least 2 of them were mandatories... and they weren't all that much even leading up to fighting GGG. Being a mandatory isn't a guarantee they're all that much. And that goes for any champ's mandatory in any weight class.

GGG is very talented, no arguments there, but for you GGG heddz, you don't seem to be able to deal with any scrutiny whatsoever about him. Those of us living in reality aren't going to be speaking about him with kid gloves on. That's just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      Knocked out both, Kell Brook was being handed lopsided beating but you don't know anything about boxing to comment on that.
      Ouma the same guy who J.Taylor in his prime couldn't even KO, GGG has a competitive fight with him but still KOes him.
      your comparing the ouma GGG fought to the one that taylor fought ROFL, and you say i dont know boxing. stupid GGG fan boy. learn boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        I finally got around to watching vice principals fawking funny show
        ROFL, did you watch all the episodes? they had a marathon the other day. lee russell is hilarious.

Comment

Lemieux wasn't C-level. Nor was Kell Brook. Nor was Martin Murray. Nor was Curtis Stevens. There are bunch of legit B-level boxers on GGG's resume. Unless you're calling them C-level because you don't follow boxing? I don't know man with you. If everybody GGG has fought is C-level, then there are no B-level fighters in the middleweight division...which I know to be bull. So which is it? GGG has fought at least B-level fighters?...or there are no B-level fighters at middleweight?
          ROFL yes they were. Brook was a solid fighter coming up 2 divisions, but not on the level or lara or cotto. stevens and murray both suck, never even won a world title, C level fighters but a GGG fan hyping them up like their fighter.

solid B level fightere]s at MW are BJS, lemmy, jacobs, lee, these guys at least won a world title unlike stevens or monroe to name a few. what makes you think they are A level fighters,winning a world title does not make you an A level fighter by the way. who have they beat or what have they done.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            Your stolen analogy is useless, but really it doesn't matter. The reason's behind them not being much of a challenge aren't really the point. They wouldn't have been much of a challenge for Canelo or Cotto either. The point remains... Wade, Monroe, Rubio... at least 2 of them were mandatories... and they weren't all that much even leading up to fighting GGG. Being a mandatory isn't a guarantee they're all that much. And that goes for any champ's mandatory in any weight class.

GGG is very talented, no arguments there, but for you GGG heddz, you don't seem to be able to deal with any scrutiny whatsoever about him. Those of us living in reality aren't going to be speaking about him with kid gloves on. That's just the way it is.
            You're wrong. The analogy applies in every way. How can GGG get a challenge or show his skills if the most skillful guys in his division just don't want to get in the ring with him? Hence, how can a baseball player display his power & hit a homerun when the pitcher won't even give him anything over the plate. The analogy applies. The best-perceived boxers at 160 all have, at one point or another, used an excuse not to fight GGG right now. This isn't handling a guy with kid gloves. It's telling it how it is. Of course I know his resume isn't that strong in comparison. But how can he improve that resume when guys like Saunders, Eubank Jr, Quillin, Sturm, Martinez, Cotto, & of course Canelo won't fight him? How can he show how good he is at boxing when the top guys just don't want to get in the ring with him? You can't altogether dismiss this fact because the ducking is well-documented. I bring passion to my arguments...it doesn't matter what boxer I'm talking about. It just appears that I'm a Golovtard because I defend him so passionately. But here's the thing: why isn't GGG getting the love that lesser champions are getting despite his obvious level of talent? Danny Garcia, the epitome of a cherry-picker, gets much more respect than GGG sometimes? Why? For the love of me I can't figure it out. Of course, I'm looking at the world through boxing eyes. If others are going to get criticized for their level of competition, why is GGG the one who gets the most hate when he's clearly trying to chase down guys who duck him? I respect what you have to say. But I provide a rebuttal that can't be altogether dismissed.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
              ROFL yes they were. Brook was a solid fighter coming up 2 divisions, but not on the level or lara or cotto. stevens and murray both suck, never even won a world title, C level fighters but a GGG fan hyping them up like their fighter.

solid B level fightere]s at MW are BJS, lemmy, jacobs, lee, these guys at least won a world title unlike stevens or monroe to name a few. what makes you think they are A level fighters,winning a world title does not make you an A level fighter by the way. who have they beat or what have they done.
              Wait, you're going to call Kell Brook, a guy who not only stayed near the top of the WW rankings longer than any other existing WW champion but was avoided by all those same champions, is a C-level boxer??? Okay, now I know you're not a boxing fan. A boxer's level is according to their boxing skills. How can anybody rate a boxer's level any other way?!

And did you just say that I think those guys you named are A-level fighters?! Go read my comments again please. I clearly said that GGG has B-level fighters on his resume. I can actually count all the A-level boxers in the world on ONE HAND. There isn't a ton of A-level fighters out there...across all divisions. You are full-on clown status here. You wouldn't even admit you were wrong on Lemieux, a guy GGG KO'ed. Wow, man. All you need now is the make-up & a clown nose.
              Last edited by JUNIABOY; 09-27-2016, 06:00 PM.

Comment

You're wrong. The analogy applies in every way. How can GGG get a challenge or show his skills if the most skillful guys in his division just don't want to get in the ring with him? Hence, how can a baseball player display his power & hit a homerun when the pitcher won't even give him anything over the plate. The analogy applies. The best-perceived boxers at 160 all have, at one point or another, used an excuse not to fight GGG right now. This isn't handling a guy with kid gloves. It's telling it how it is. Of course I know his resume isn't that strong in comparison. But how can he improve that resume when guys like Saunders, Eubank Jr, Quillin, Sturm, Martinez, Cotto, & of course Canelo won't fight him? How can he show how good he is at boxing when the top guys just don't want to get in the ring with him? You can't altogether dismiss this fact because the ducking is well-documented. I bring passion to my arguments...it doesn't matter what boxer I'm talking about. It just appears that I'm a Golovtard because I defend him so passionately. But here's the thing: why isn't GGG getting the love that lesser champions are getting despite his obvious level of talent? Danny Garcia, the epitome of a cherry-picker, gets much more respect than GGG sometimes? Why? For the love of me I can't figure it out. Of course, I'm looking at the world through boxing eyes. If others are going to get criticized for their level of competition, why is GGG the one who gets the most hate when he's clearly trying to chase down guys who duck him? I respect what you have to say. But I provide a rebuttal that can't be altogether dismissed.
                Truncate can be your friend. Answer? Tell your hero to move up to SMW or LHW. See how that goes. Oh wait, forgot... he has to get all the MW belts. Which includes the minor belts, and then of course the Flying Tuna Belt, the Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease belt, the I Told You I Was Crazy belt, the Exploding Cows On The Horizon belt, etc etc. I'd be shocked if he ever left the MW division. Yet he says he can't get any challenges at MW. Yeah, that's some serious logic right there. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  Truncate can be your friend. Answer? Tell your hero to move up to SMW or LHW. See how that goes. Oh wait, forgot... he has to get all the MW belts. Which includes the minor belts, and then of course the Flying Tuna Belt, the Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease belt, the I Told You I Was Crazy belt, the Exploding Cows On The Horizon belt, etc etc. I'd be shocked if he ever left the MW division. Yet he says he can't get any challenges at MW. Yeah, that's some serious logic right there. SMH
                  Wait a minute. Did you just completely ignore my entire rebuttal? Soooo, you're not going to respond to my argument of how the flat offer fee was still an unfair split for a "mega-fight?" Are you just going to ignore that GGG gets so much more hate than any other boxing champion despite having more belts than the lot of em? Are you just going to ignore that quality boxers duck him? Now that's worth an SMH. SMH.

Calling him my hero huh? That's weird because I was sure my hero is my mom. Oh well. If you want to troll, go ahead. That won't make your stance any better. Lol, really with those jabs at championship belts?...really?...if you have a problem with the belts, shouldn't that mean you should hate on all the alphabet organizations? Or maybe you just don't want to see another fighter become undisputed? Or maybe you don't want to see the MW defense streak broken? Or maybe you just don't like me because I'm telling it how it is? Whatever you want. It won't change the facts. Have fun watching GGG's fights.
                  Last edited by JUNIABOY; 09-27-2016, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Wait a minute. Did you just completely ignore my entire rebuttal? Soooo, you're not going to respond to my argument of how the flat offer fee was still an unfair split for a "mega-fight?" Are you just going to ignore that GGG gets so much more hate than any other boxing champion despite having more belts than the lot of em? Are you just going to ignore that quality boxers duck him? Now that's worth an SMH. SMH.

Calling him my hero huh? That's weird because I was sure my hero is my mom. Oh well. If you want to troll, go ahead. That won't make your stance any better. Lol, really with those jabs at championship belts?...really?...if you have a problem with the belts, shouldn't that mean you should hate on all the alphabet organizations? Or maybe you just don't want to see another fighter become undisputed? Or maybe you don't want to see the MW defense streak broken? Or maybe you just don't like me because I'm telling it how it is? Whatever you want. It won't change the facts. Have fun watching GGG's fights.
                    Look up the word 'truncate'... pick a few points and leave it at that, lose the wild assumptions, and maybe you might get your head straightened up a bit. 70/30 Canelo's favor is plenty. GGG isn't the draw. Canelo is. GGG fighting a nobody wouldn't have done half what Canelo just did through the gate. And no, I'm not going thru some long winded loquacious blabberfest, replying to each infinitesimal little nothing. Again, see 'truncate'. I have an actual life, with more stuff to do than I'll ever have time for.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
                      wilder and GGG have both fought nobodies but he has a higher KO percent. the KO percent is what all the GGG fans claim makes GGG better than canelo.
                      Foock KO percentage. It's an interesting stat. But who have you fought? GGG's resume is lacking when compared to ATGs. He has belt holders. He's a good champion, the best since Hopkins (IMHO) but his resume is lacking. He deserves props for fighting TOP 10 opponents and demolishing them.

Props to GGG for that. But let's not get carried away here.

Wilder, on the other hand, hasn't fought TOP 10 opponents until, what? Last year? GGG's record is world class in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                      X