Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roman Gonzalez in negotiations for his next fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Gonzalez in negotiations for his next fight...

??? Carlos Cuadras

If so, great fight. Will it be enough to headline his own HBO card? I seriously doubt it. HBO has had little to no investments in the lower weight names aside from Roman. Most people who know of Roman have to Boxrec his opponents in order to get any sort of idea of what he's up against.

It's easy to build a fighter in such a manner because they can practically pit him against anyone and since hardly anyone follows those weights, they won't know what to expect. However, it's hard to properly build him into a star because no one else in the division is garnering mainstream attention and support. Big fights take time to develop and it's between two names that the public recognizes and have established fan bases, not just a one sided affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
      If so, great fight. Will it be enough to headline his own HBO card? I seriously doubt it. HBO has had little to no investments in the lower weight names aside from Roman. Most people who know of Roman have to Boxrec his opponents in order to get any sort of idea of what he's up against.

It's easy to build a fighter in such a manner because they can practically pit him against anyone and since hardly anyone follows those weights, they won't know what to expect. However, it's hard to properly build him into a star because no one else in the division is garnering mainstream attention and support. Big fights take time to develop and it's between two names that the public recognizes and have established fan bases, not just a one sided affair.
      I don't follow the lower weights and haven't been impressed with his level of opposition the last 3 fights I saw. I've only watched three of his fights. Is this guy legit? Would this be a fight worth watching?

Comment

Would be a good matchup, but the public wants either the Estrada rematch or the Inoue fight.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          I don't follow the lower weights and haven't been impressed with his level of opposition the last 3 fights I saw. I've only watched three of his fights. Is this guy legit? Would this be a fight worth watching?

Cuadras is a very good fighter in my book. He has the style that makes fights difficult for Roman. He throws punches in bunches and has fast feet to get him around the ring. Also, he's bigger and Roman would be moving up in weight. He can be hurt to the body but he adjusts well and finds a way to win. His scrap with Rungvisai showed what he could do against a powerful body snatcher, his fight against Koki Eto displayed his combinations and the angles he can explode from against a stationary opponent. I see it as a 50/50 fight and a damn good one at that.

WARNING: his backne is hard to stomach... Just ask Hyperion

Comment

Working...
          X