Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So er, Kosei Tanaka, best prospect in world boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So er, Kosei Tanaka, best prospect in world boxing?

Earlier today, in just his 4th professional bout, he stopped Ryuji Hara in the 10th round to claim the OPBF title at 105lbs. Going in Hara 18-0 (10) a former Rookie of the Year, a former Japanese champion and the reigning OPBF champion with top 5 rankings across the ABC's...

Aged 19 I think it's fair to describe him as the best prospect on the planet right now, but what do you think?

Details of the Hara/Tanaka fight available below for those wanting details on how the fight went
    http://www.asianboxing.info/asian-ne...-tanaka-result

Great win for the young kid. For me he's the prospect of the year by a mile, better win than Beterbiev's against Cloud

Comment

I am impressed by Tanaka. I still think Inoue is better from the videos I have seen. Too Bad they won't fight because they are both Stablemates. Japan has a bright future in the sport of boxing with these small talented fighters. I hope they get a big man to add on to their success. Ryota Murata.

Japans Stars of the Future

Ryota Murata
      Naoya Inoue
      Tomoki Kameda
      Takuma Inoue
      Kosei Tanaka
      Ryo Matsumoto
      Sho Ishida

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
        I am impressed by Tanaka. I still think Inoue is better from the videos I have seen. Too Bad they won't fight because they are both Stablemates. Japan has a bright future in the sport of boxing with these small talented fighters. I hope they get a big man to add on to their success. Ryota Murata.

Japans Stars of the Future

Ryota Murata
        Naoya Inoue
        Tomoki Kameda
        Takuma Inoue
        Kosei Tanaka
        Ryo Matsumoto
        Sho Ishida
        They aren't stablemates. Tanaka is a Hatanaka gym fighter whilst Inoue is Ohashi gym, the same as Hara.

Comment

Originally posted by fighting man View Post
          They aren't stablemates. Tanaka is a Hatanaka gym fighter whilst Inoue is Ohashi gym, the same as Hara.
          Oh, I thought Inoue and Tanaka were stablemates. Oh well, Inoue is still better. I also really like Matsumoto.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
            You're list is half full where's Genkai Hanai on that list?

For those wanting to watch-
            http://www.asianboxing.info/videos/r...s-kosei-tanaka

Really hard to believe that's real speed

Comment

Originally posted by kebark View Post
              You're list is half full where's Genkai Hanai on that list?

For those wanting to watch-
              http://www.asianboxing.info/videos/r...s-kosei-tanaka

Really hard to believe that's real speed
              I haven't seen Genkai Hanai

Comment

Genki Hanai looks like a Mexican fighter in a Japanese body. Really like Kenta Onjo too and Shohei Omori. Nakatani looks really good and there is a debutant coming up who is said to be an exceptional prospect under Green Tsuda
                Last edited by fighting man; 10-31-2014, 12:32 PM.

Comment

To bump this, Tanaka will fight Julian Yedras in a WBO title fight at 105lbs in May. A win will see him set a new Japanese record... At least according to the folks over at Asian Boxing, apparently it was announced this morning by Kiyoshi Hatanaka

Comment

Naoya Inoue is the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X