No announcement yet.

The hate for Cotto on the island...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
    Some of the posters here have a problem with english comprehension and are missing the point completely. Do you all understand the concept of an argument? The TS is arguing that Cotto f'd up because his company is charging PPV in Puerto Rico, where he knows people will buy it, and no where else--will be "free" on showtime for showtime subscribers everywhere else. Mind you PR's median household income is less than any of the US states and many other countries around the world.

The TS is not arguing that $60 dollars is a lot of money, nor that only Trinidad and Juanma are worthy of PR PPV money. Kindly remove your heads from your asses and then continue in the discussion if you like

Why not charge New Yorkers PPV then? And who told you that we want to join the 50 states? Please get your facts straight. That recent vote was a ploy by the pro-statehood party and it failed. The majority of PR want things the way they are now. The numbers are always the same. Screw statehood.
    The majority of people that voted. Voted for statehood.

In a separate question, 61% chose statehood as the alternative, compared with 33% for the semi-autonomous "sovereign free association" and 6% for outright independence.

The only thing is that Partido Popular Democratio are counting the people that left that question in blank as part of the people that do not want to become a state.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      Exactly!

All he does if give back to the people. Give back and help him recover his costs. I mean the paycut he's taking just so he can promote this card with his fighters. Before, he didn't have to worry about that stuff. Arum did it, and it was Arum's money. Now Cotto is running a business. If he isn't making any money, how can he invest.

You guys think you are paying Cotto, but what you are doing is investing in the young talent.

I say Cotto just bounce from PR and come to the Tri-State area. Plenty of authentic fans here who'll support his endeavors
      Oh stop it. Plenty of people on the Island love and support Cotto no matter what. This is a capitalist move that takes advantage of that very same love and loyalty.

Stop overreacting.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
        What they mean is that you don't have to pay extra even if you have showtime. They do have to pay extra.

I will order showtime today.
        There was sarcasm somewhere in my original post lol

Comment

Why not charge New Yorkers PPV then?
          It's called maximizing profits..business 101. Boxing is a major sport in PR, its a
          Niche sport here. Can the PR TV market support a Cotto $50 PPV? That remains to be seen but obviously there's demand or else it would be on standard showtime. In NY it wouldnt do any numbers unless Mayweather, Pacquiao, or Canelo was the A-side. If the island is so up in arms over it there is a very simple way of preventing Cotto Promotions from ever doing this again...it's simple really. Don't buy the PPV. It's that easy.

Until then spare me the hardship story when we're talking about discretionary spending and Premium Cable/Pay TV vs PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            Meaning its part of your Monthly superscription. You already pay for it for other reasons other than boxing. Free meaning PPV...or an extra 60 or so bucks on top of your bill!
            doesn't matter how you put it ShowTime is a premium channle just like HBO you still pay extra on your cable bill from 10-30 dollars its like paying for PPV for a small fee now if PR has ShowTime and customers are paying for that premium channle plus extra to see Cotto thats F**ked up that is about 10-30 plus 60= about 90bucks that blows donkey balls and everybody esle is paying a smaller fee that sucks
            Last edited by solo20; 11-30-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
              The majority of people that voted. Voted for statehood.

The only thing is that Partido Popular Democratio are counting the people that left that question in blank as part of the people that do not want to become a state.
              That vote was a ploy that doesn't accurately reflect political sentiment on the island. Many people did not undertstand the question as it was worded. Some conspiracy theorist say that votes where manufactured in favor of statehood (voter fraud? really? Yes it's possible and someone in Florida should know this well). All that said, the majority of Ricans do not want statehood, political pundits like Luis Ojeda agrees, the newly elected pro-commonwealth governor agrees, and the U.S. government will not pass such legislation anytime in the foreseeable future.

Back to boxing.

I will still support Cotto, but I do not have a problem calling his ass out. Reminds me of that scene in the Bronx Tale, when the kid is sad about Mickey Mantle and the Yanks losing, and his gangster friend drops that sacred knowledge on him saying that hey Mantle makes tons of money, he don't care about you. Similarly, I am sure that Cotto could care less what the public sentiment is. He's gonna try and get paid. As fans we have the right to criticize as much as we like.

Comment

Here's a thought, just don't buy teh PPV. That'll show 'em.

Comment

That vote was a ploy that doesn't accurately reflect political sentiment on the island. Many people did not undertstand the question as it was worded. Some conspiracy theorist say that votes where manufactured in favor of statehood (voter fraud? really? Yes it's possible and someone in Florida should know this well). All that said, the majority of Ricans do not want statehood, political pundits like Luis Ojeda agrees, the newly elected pro-commonwealth governor agrees, and the U.S. government will not pass such legislation anytime in the foreseeable future.

Back to boxing.

I will still support Cotto, but I do not have a problem calling his ass out. Reminds me of that scene in the Bronx Tale, when the kid is sad about Mickey Mantle and the Yanks losing, and his gangster friend drops that sacred knowledge on him saying that hey Mantle makes tons of money, he don't care about you. Similarly, I am sure that Cotto could care less what the public sentiment is. He's gonna try and get paid. As fans we have the right to criticize as much as we like.

100% Correct, I just find it ironic that his most critical fans now feel like HE wronged THEM. That's laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                    It's called maximizing profits..business 101. Boxing is a major sport in PR, its a
                    Niche sport here. Can the PR TV market support a Cotto $50 PPV? That remains to be seen but obviously there's demand or else it would be on standard showtime. In NY it wouldnt do any numbers unless Mayweather, Pacquiao, or Canelo was the A-side. If the island is so up in arms over it there is a very simple way of preventing Cotto Promotions from ever doing this again...it's simple really. Don't buy the PPV. It's that easy.

Until then spare me the hardship story when we're talking about discretionary spending and Premium Cable/Pay TV vs PPV.

What hardship story? Does that business 101 crap support your earlier statement of Cotto getting more love in NY than in PR? Do you even have numbers to reflect that sentiment? I doubt it. If you do please post a link, I'd like to see.

And your other statement about Cotto never being Tito in the hearts and minds of PR fans, well FYI, I am a bigger fan of Cotto than I ever was a Trinidad fan. And there are many others like me on the island and in the diaspora. So please no over-generalizations, I'm sure your business 101 professor would not like that

Comment

• Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
                      Here's a thought, just don't buy teh PPV. That'll show 'em.
                      I agree! This is not fair. They should all boycott this crap fight anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X