Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you give Lebedev credit when he beats Toney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you give Lebedev credit when he beats Toney?

I see lots of people picking Toney. He got more votes than Lebedev in every poll on Boxingscene.

Will you give Lebedev credit when he beats the shit out of Toney?
    Yes
    43.33%
    No
    56.67%
    Last edited by HW CHAMPS; 11-04-2011, 06:50 AM.

I was thinking of Toney as a bit done so if he can pull the win then he deserves the credit for beating a live opponent. But I guess it should work both ways shouldn't it?

Comment

I think Toney has a chance, slight on but its better than nothing...

Lebedev deserves credit if he wins, especially if KHTFO...doubt he'll get it though. I dont like hating but im sure Toney fans will have an excuse ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
        I think Toney has a chance, slight on but its better than nothing...

Lebedev deserves credit if he wins, especially if KHTFO...doubt he'll get it though. I dont like hating but im sure Toney fans will have an excuse ready.

agreed. . . obviously Toney is not on the same "pound for pound" level he was when he was fighting at MW and SMW. . . but it's also obvious he put forth the utmost effort in "getting up" for this fight. . .

his style is so unique. . . if Lebedev can put a hurting on him, and stop him, then he definitely deserves props. . . If he eeks out a win against Toney, and Toney looks like a million bucks, then he still deserves some credit. . .

Toney would deserve more credit simply because of being the 'dog. . . the 'dog should always get a little bit more props. . .

Comment

Hell no. Not even a tiny smidgen of credit.

The only reason why so many people are picking Toney to win is because Lebedev is such a godawfully bad boxer, and because we're not really sure how shot Toney actually is. His string of bad perfromances prior to this fight might be a result of the globs and globs of excess lard he's been carrying around these past few years, not because he's as shot as everybody thinks he is. A in shape Toney might still be able to do some damage. This asshat Lebedev got knocked down and stunned by the ghost of Roy Jones Jr. A shot, but in shape Toney should have what it takes to get a W over this fool.

But this is a LOSE LOSE situation for Lebedev. You don't get credit for beating a guy who hadn't had a meaningful victory in over half a decade, i don't care who he is. The fact that he chose Toney in the 1st place is utterly disgraceful. He could've EASILY got a fight with Tarver, who has a RECENT stoppage win over a ranked Cruiserweight and has just as much, if not more name recognition as Toney. But like your average Eastern European boxer, he's lacking a spine, heart & integrity (as well as actual boxing skills) which is why he would rather fight shot fighters & tomato cans, instead of legit, dangerous, ranked opponents.

Comment

It's just people looking at the Toney of 10 to 20 years ago and thinking he has a chance. Lebedev also isn't a very impressive fighter aside from his power. He would have been tailor-made for Toney years ago but at 43 years of age he probably doesn't belong in the ring with a younger and stronger man.

For Lebedev it's a disaster if he loses to an old man and not much credit will be given if he wins because Toney resembling anything close to his prime form wouldn't have lost to Lebedev.

See Chris Byrd-Shaun George.

Comment

Originally posted by Deal With It View Post

The only reason why so many people are picking Toney to win is because Lebedev is such a godawfully bad boxer, and because we're not really sure how shot Toney actually is. His string of bad perfromances prior to this fight might be a result of the globs and globs of excess lard he's been carrying around these past few years, not because he's as shot as everybody thinks he is. A in shape Toney might still be able to do some damage. This asshat Lebedev got knocked down and stunned by the ghost of Roy Jones Jr. A shot, but in shape Toney should have what it takes to get a W over this fool.

But this is a LOSE LOSE situation for Lebedev. You don't get credit for beating a guy who hadn't had a meaningful victory in over half a decade, i don't care who he is. The fact that he chose Toney in the 1st place is utterly disgraceful. He could've EASILY got a fight with Tarver, who has a RECENT stoppage win over a ranked Cruiserweight and has just as much, if not more name recognition as Toney. But like your average Eastern European boxer, he's lacking a spine, heart & integrity (as well as actual boxing skills) which is why he would rather fight shot fighters & tomato cans, instead of legit, dangerous, ranked opponents.
              The truth has been spoken!

Comment

The only way Lebedev beats Toney is that Toney is shot to ***** and a complete shell of his former self. 7 or 8 years ago, Lebedev wouldnt be worthy to lick the ***** off Toney's boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Deal With It View Post

Lebedev had broken ribs in the Jones fight and he still won by brutal KO. He was clearly winning the fight before the knockout and he never got knocked down you liar. He did much better against Jones than Hopkins did.

Toney called out Lebedev.

Lebedev accepted the challenge.

lol at your Wilder sig.

Wilder sucks. He only fights bums, 18 fights, 18 tomato cans. He recently got knocked down and badly hurt by certified tomato can Harold Sconiers (17-23)

Here's a video of the glass chinned Wilder getting KTFO by Russian cruiserweight Evgeny Romanov...The KO is at 1:50

The Russians dominated the Americans in every weight class in the tournament.

Comment

Why would i give anybody credit for beating a shot to pieces and punch drunk 43 year old man?

Anybody know when this starts UK time?

Comment

Working...
                    X