No announcement yet.

How do you measure greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you measure greatness?

Performance in fights or win/loss ratio?

Both have to count. Also the level of comp that you beat. Avenged losses also have their place.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      Both have to count. Also the level of comp that you beat. Avenged losses also have their place.
      Who you fought and how you fought.

Comment

I ask because personally for example I consider augustus a great fighter and he's faced good competition as well, has a ridiculous loss record but never fails to entertain and has skills without question, a knock perhaps is his lack of power but that in turn made him box more, entertain more etc. etc.

Comment

Greatness for me is about fighting the best, Performance against the best, fighting prime fighters at their prime, Even in losing you can prove your greatness and i believe a lot of fighters have done that over the years.

Comment

50% resume
            30% eyeball test
            20% head to head effectiveness

All of those are totally subjective.

Comment

achievments,risks,skills,heart

Comment

Originally posted by -PITO- View Post
                I ask because personally for example I consider augustus a great fighter and he's faced good competition as well, has a ridiculous loss record but never fails to entertain and has skills without question, a knock perhaps is his lack of power but that in turn made him box more, entertain more etc. etc.
                naw he was entertaining but far from great man

Comment

Obviously you should judge a fighter's greatness based on how often they fought the best and how they performed when they did.

Comment

It's all in how you win and who you did it to. I dig stories like the little poem about Yankee Sullivan in my sig. Mostly a fan of the hardness of the 1800's.
                    Last edited by Marchegiano; 04-04-2011, 06:44 PM. Reason: addition.

Comment

Working...
                    X