Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Roy Jones clean out the HW division after beating Ruiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesMoonves BOSS View Post
    Because Roy Jones was Floyd Mayweather before Floyd was. A fraud.
    Says a Margarito fan.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Like who, Lewis? He would've been massacred and wanted a kings ransom to step in that ring. He did have a fight scheduled with Holyfield but Evander pulled out. Given the options of facing Corrie Sanders or Hasim Rahman, he chose moving back to 175.
      I recall the money being not good enough for the risk to face Sanders. Sanders was hot off of the ko of Wlad but still unknown by the boxing public. So the money would have been HBO type money. Jones balked at that because Sanders could have launched him into orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post
        I recall the money being not good enough for the risk to face Sanders. Sanders was hot off of the ko of Wlad but still unknown by the boxing public. So the money would have been HBO type money. Jones balked at that because Sanders could have launched him into orbit.
        cant exactly blame jones for that either. sanders was like a heavyweight tarver with that wicked counter left hand

Comment

because he was a bum at hw

Comment

Roy should have just fought Lennox and got knocked out. He could than blame EVERYTHING on that KO.

It wouldn't have been a big deal either. I mean in hindsight he ended up getting knocked out 4x times anyways...........Might have as well went for it and get knocked out by an ATG HW.

Comment

Working...
            X