No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryota Murata Rejects Million Dollar Deal To Turn Pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
    I don't hate him. He just had a chance to be something above the lighter weight classes in boxing.

I think being a pro boxer right now is the best thing that could have happened to him. Right now boxing is the in thing in Japan and it's not like it's an insanely difficult task to go pro. The basics will always be the basics. I just hope he takes a couple months off then comes back and becomes a pro.
    Don't get me wrong, I wanted to see him go pro after the olympics too because I think he'd be fairly entertaining..... but if his heart isn't in it, I don't see a point.

Comment

you are the dumb ass if you think japan isn't materialistic. japan is one of the most materialistic places in the world. i'm not going to elaborate further, but with just a few searches on google and a few clicks you should be able to learn that much. if not, by all means, bask in your own ignorance.

i would describe his decision as typical japanese "chuuto hanpa," loosely translated as "half-heartedness." i get a sense that he doesn't believe he can have the same success at the professional level -- "so why even try?" if he really believed he could compete with the likes of martinez, dawson or ward, he believe he would certainly become a pro...period.

there is another spin to this...the gym or person propositioning him could be backed by a criminal organization and he may not want to be involved in any way with the gym or said organization, hence opting out. that might sound like a bit of a stretch but such organizations are mixed into fighting sports (k-1/boxing etc...) in japan. if his choice was based on that sort of reasoning i doubt anyone can provide a sound rationale saying he was wrong/stupid/etc... -- but if his intent is to, at 26 years old, fall into obscurity and teach boxing to the kids...i would say he's a ***** and he shouldn't have been boxing in the first place.

my 99 cents.

Comment

I think being a pro boxer right now is the best thing that could have happened to him.
        If he's happy studying sports science and becoming a teacher then that's what's best for him.

Originally posted by lvchld View Post
        you are the dumb ass if you think japan isn't materialistic. japan is one of the most materialistic places in the world. i'm not going to elaborate further, but with just a few searches on google and a few clicks you should be able to learn that much. if not, by all means, bask in your own ignorance.
        Yes I'm sure every single japanese person has the exact same mentality.

if his intent is to, at 26 years old, fall into obscurity and teach boxing to the kids...i would say he's a ***** and he shouldn't have been boxing in the first place.
        Yeah fuck teaching boxing to the kids, only bitches do that. Bitches like Emmanuel Steward, Eddie Futch and Cus D'amato...

Comment

He's getting a huge amount of attention and probably getting alot of of good money offers for ads and sponsorships etc right now.

Once that wears off and the reality of being a middle class 5-9 er kicks in hell have second thoughts no doubt.

Also not all $1million offers are that great. It could be 20 fights over 5 years for all we know.
          Last edited by Furn; 08-28-2012, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Hope he still goes pro. I thought he wasn't at his best in the olympics (compared to his great performance at the world championships) and maybe he really doesn't have the heart for it. Its a shame because I really think he could become a very good pro and possibly one of the most popular boxers ever in Japan.

Comment

i would describe his decision as typical japanese "chuuto hanpa," loosely translated as "half-heartedness." i get a sense that he doesn't believe he can have the same success at the professional level -- "so why even try?" if he really believed he could compete with the likes of martinez, dawson or ward, he believe he would certainly become a pro...period.

there is another spin to this...the gym or person propositioning him could be backed by a criminal organization and he may not want to be involved in any way with the gym or said organization, hence opting out. that might sound like a bit of a stretch but such organizations are mixed into fighting sports (k-1/boxing etc...) in japan. if his choice was based on that sort of reasoning i doubt anyone can provide a sound rationale saying he was wrong/stupid/etc... -- but if his intent is to, at 26 years old, fall into obscurity and teach boxing to the kids...i would say he's a ***** and he shouldn't have been boxing in the first place.

my 99 cents.
              Cool story bro, glad to see your searches on google and a few clicks trumps my 7 years of living there.

Comment

I don't hate him. He just had a chance to be something above the lighter weight classes in boxing.

I think being a pro boxer right now is the best thing that could have happened to him. Right now boxing is the in thing in Japan and it's not like it's an insanely difficult task to go pro. The basics will always be the basics. I just hope he takes a couple months off then comes back and becomes a pro.
                Yeah agree with this, He's got everything to be a sucessful Professional. It was interesting to see his pro style be so effective against the top amateurs out there, he's got great stamina, good infighting, and Considering most of todays Pro's rarely accomplish much as amateurs Internationally, his gold medal means he's well ahead of the curve.

He should go for it.

Comment

Working...
                X