No announcement yet.

George Chuvalo Would Be The Reigning Heavyweight Champ Today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Chuvalo Would Be The Reigning Heavyweight Champ Today

Never knocked down by Foreman, Frazier, Quarry, and fought a close decision to Ali.
    Last edited by JAB5239; 11-12-2010, 03:18 AM.

I've seen plenty of George Chuvalo fights. I wouldn't give him a chance against either Klitschko, and I wouldn't pick him to beat Povetkin, Adamek, or Haye. Maybe not Eddie Chambers either.

Comment

I've seen both Ali vs Chuvalo fights and neither of them were 'close'.

Chuvalo has a chance vs Haye but both Klitschko's outpoint him, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        I've seen plenty of George Chuvalo fights. I wouldn't give him a chance against either Klitschko, and I wouldn't pick him to beat Povetkin, Adamek, or Haye. Maybe not Eddie Chambers either.
        Yeah I have always thought of Chuvalo as the man to beat instead of the man to win. He was more of a walking punching bag than a good champion caliber fighter. Sort of like those things at carnivals with the bell and the lever and the sledge hammer...see if you can hit it hard enough to go ding ding bi7ch!

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Never knocked down by Foreman, Frazier, Quarry, and fought a close decision to Ali. Go f@ck yourselves euro d!ck lickers.

Comment

This is just a stupid question.

Comment

I thought he fought Ali fairly close in their first fight, And that was against a prime Ali also.

I think the era he came from was much better the fact that he was not the best in his era should not matter that much. He was not a great fighter in the greatest era of Heavyweights. But the fact that a mid 40s Forman was competitive against the 90s Heavyweights which was better the the current Heavyweights show's how good Chuvalo's era was.

I give him a chance against anyone in the top 10, Vitali would be his toughest fight but by know means is it a given that Vitali would beat him.
              Last edited by Holtol; 11-12-2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Contender in the 1960s-1970s Heavyweight division =
                Champion in the 2000s Heavyweight division
                Journeyman in the 1960s-1970s Heavyweight division =
                Contender in the 2000s Heavyweight division
                Tomato can in the 1960s-1970s Heavyweight division =
                Journeyman in the 2000s Heavyweight division

There's a BIG difference in class between the two eras.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
                  I thought he fought Ali fairly close in their first fight, And that was against a prime Ali also.
                  I think the era he came from was much better the fact that he was not the best in his era should not matter that much. He was not a great fighter in the greatest era of Heavyweights. But the fact that a mid 40s Forman was competitive against the 90s Heavyweights which was better the the current Heavyweights show's how good Chuvalo's era was.

I give him a chance against anyone in the top 10, Vitali would be his toughest fight but by know means is it a given that Vitali would beat him.
                  The scores certainly weren't close and I didn't see Chuvalo winning too many rounds. I have watched Chuvalo and I saw nothing from him that would make me think he would beat either Klitschko.

Comment

if you think a journeyman from any era has more than a slight chance against either klitschko you dont know jack **** about boxing

i saw a post saying that a journeyman from bygone days is as good as one of today's contenders

if we're saying a contender has a chance to become champion (which he does by definition)
                    then you are saying that bygone journeymen have a chance against a klitschko

i'll guess that you've:
                    A: never been to a boxing match
                    B: never met a klitschko
                    C: have never been hit in the head,

Comment

Working...
                    X