No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: I've Studied Golovkin, I Know His Flaws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    The demand for GGG-Canelo would be in the same bracket as Cotto-Canelo. I see no reason they couldn't be splitting a purse of $12-15 million.

To a guy making weight easily, not being willing to make 158 (2lbs) is just a strange decision IMO. 33 years old and hanging around is not a great idea.

Daniel Geale lost to Darren Barker man, he's way below average. So are guys Luke Munroe and Rubio. Lara is willing to fight GGG at 160 and they are saying it doesn't make business sense.
    Where has it been said that they will offer 158lbs catchweight?
    I think he'd jump at that, give 70-30 Canelo favour you have to remember even with 30 percent that's huge amount of money.

Most I've heard recently is Canelo not wanting to budge a single pound but this is all hearsay we don't have this confirmed from Canelo own words but his trainers etc but obviously his trainers and not even his manager at time effect his choices If it did he'd likely have ducked Lara.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      Where has it been said that they will offer 158lbs catchweight?
      I think he'd jump at that, give 70-30 Canelo favour you have to remember even with 30 percent that's huge amount of money.

Most I've heard recently is Canelo not wanting to budge a single pound but this is all hearsay we don't have this confirmed from Canelo own words but his trainers etc but obviously his trainers and not even his manager at time effect his choices If it did he'd likely have ducked Lara.
      Team Golovkin said the day before the Cotto fight that never mind 155, 'they wouldn't even consider fighting the winner at 157, 158 or 159.'

The article was posted on here.

I just don't get that mentality. A guy that's looking to break through and looking for a big fight, yet they wouldn't be willing to lose 1-2lbs for it?

Comment

• Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        I'm amazed that people are blaming Haymon for HBO fights not happening when HBO BANNED HAYMON NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. You gotta at least be honest with your argument. This is a fact that's not even is dispute.
        that's hymen's fault he plays too many games and wont put his good/popular fighters on HBO so HBO told him to fuk off because they don't want to overpay hymen's fighters for tune up/mismatch type of fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
          1) Cotto was the A-side on the fight and took home 75%. The financials will certainly be different (and less) for a Canelo/GGG clash. GGG is getting like 1m for HBO non-ppv, and got 2.5 IIRC for the Lemieux ppv. Canelo/GGG surely won't be splitting 20m guaranteed.

1b) As WBC interim middleweight champ, GGG is entitled to 45% in the event the fight goes to purse bid. Let's estimate, that if they were to split $10m, GGG gets 4.5m, his highest payday yes. but far less than what he would get from Floyd. If I'm GGG, that's not the sort of money I'm taking to unnecessarily lose 5lb and give my opponent an advantage.

2) When a young fighter is rehydrating over 20lbs between weigh-in and fight night, that's a pretty good indicator that the fighter in question is most likely not fighting in his natural division.

2b) Canelo had been in training camp since June or July in preparation for the Cotto bout. 4/5 month training camp? Who does that? Someone who needs to ensure without a doubt, that they make weight for a big fight. If that's not struggling, I don't know what is.

3) I've already stated why it's more prudent for GGG to wait on Canelo. Adding to what I already said, more fights = more paydays. Personally, I'm not in a rush to see this fight. It doesn't have to happen right away.

3b) GGG's opposition recently, has mostly been ranked contenders. Maybe not big names, but ranked. Daniel Geale was a proven, unified champ, fyi. People like to complain as if GGG's fighting the sort of guys Tyson was during his ascent to heavyweight glory.
          Or he could fight 4 "tune-up" fights a year... Then he would always be in camp and could stay at 155 his entire career.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Team Golovkin said the day before the Cotto fight that never mind 155, 'they wouldn't even consider fighting the winner at 157, 158 or 159.'

The article was posted on here.

I just don't get that mentality. A guy that's looking to break through and looking for a big fight, yet they wouldn't be willing to lose 1-2lbs for it?
            Strange but money talks and the PPV numbers is more than worth going to 158lbs, I wouldn't really touch below that weight though that's where damage limitations come in one guy has been brutalizing his body the past few fights with this drain tactic the other hasn't.

I think it can be made at catchweight so long as its not very far down in the weight limit like 155-156 but a good percentage of cash is likely the thinking behind saying we don't want to do any catchweight a negotiating stance.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              Lara gets a million + to fight the Zaveck's of the world. How much would he want to fight GGG?

I also get a kick out of all these twitter challenges. You know why can't Lara say "Al, send a proposal contract over to K2 for a fight, lets make it official." Al is the big promoter here with the financial backing after all, right?

Nobody does that though. Instead they say sh|t through social media to get the fans barking, when they are not really interested in fighting GGG at all. Instead they want K2 to say lets fight so they can say back, OK we want 5 Million Dollars.
              But K2 refuse to make any kind of offer so we don't know what Lara's side would say.

The fight would have to be on HBO and Golovkin is the champion so the offer has to come from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                You would lose your money.

Ward needs tune-ups after taking a break, and he needs to take a break after a tune-up.

But hey .. what's the rush?
                Then he would owe ppl a bunch of $$$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  Fine. Either way it doesnt change the fact that a Haymon fighter appearing on HBO is challenging, if not impossible.

"but but but but lara doe"
                  So why not go hard on HBO the same way people go hard on Haymon for something that's not even his fault? HBO is the reason the fight isn't happening. HBO is the reason we'll never see a couple of fights between their fighters and Haymon fighters. HBO is the reason we as boxing fans aren't getting the fights we deserve. I'm already paying $10 a month for HBO and $50-$70 a PPV. Being a boxing fan is expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    But K2 refuse to make any kind of offer so we don't know what Lara's side would say.

The fight would have to be on HBO and Golovkin is the champion so the offer has to come from them.
                    Why is it on K2 to make an offer here? It is Lara who is moving up and making a challenge. Why do they not make an offer? Since they are the financial powerhouse.

It is not on GGG. If K2 goes to HBO and says Laras people are making a big offer for our guy. HBO would sit down. Edwin Rodriguez was able to make an appearance

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                      If we get Johnson it's because Canelo was a coward about it.

And Johnson is GGG's mandatory, a fight he has to eventually take.

Unlike Cotto and Canelo, I doubt GGG Ducks his mandatory.

Canelo wants to wait GGG out, everyone knows it.

You don't want that fight in May, you want it two to three years from now.

Canelo (Chavez Jr. 2) isn't that great, he'll get smashed by GGG and everyone knows it.
                      If he takes Johnson you can ANY PPV buys away.

Comment

Working...
                      X