No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Pacquiao Will Now Review Tapes, Pick Opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    If Crawford were proven I'd be inclined to agree. But he hasn't beaten a top opponent either.
    Which fighter would you consider the higher risk opponent, Berto or Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
      I really can't say until I see Crawford against a top fighter at 140 or 147.

Comment

Fair enough, I think we can at least agree that Crawford has the Ingredients to be a special fighter and has a very good chance of ending Pacquiaos career with a Loss If Pacquiao should choose him.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
          Why is Berto not being considered ?
          Because berto is a patsy.

Comment

None. They're both overrated.

Comment

Crawford...

Manny is fighting Crawford in April. He sees Crawford as the more challenging opponent over Khan, even though Khan would bring him more money and PPV buys. He thinks he defeated Bradley easily enough that he doesn't think a 3rd fight is necessary. I agree. Manny is fighting Crawford! He loves challenges, unlike Floyd's gay ass. Get ready, you heard it here first. An announcement will follow.

Comment

Fair enough, I think we can at least agree that Crawford has the Ingredients to be a special fighter and has a very good chance of ending Pacquiaos career with a Loss If Pacquiao should choose him.
                Yeah but ingredients mean nothing without a product. He's not proven, bottom line.

Comment

LMFAO!!! Is that a joke??? Crawford would smoke the '15 version of Berto

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    The candidates should be Matthysse, Mayweather, JMM, Bradley, Khan and Crawford. Matthysse should be the easier opponent since he won't be hard to find. The second should be Khan since he is still somewhat chinny. The next in line should be JMM since he is a natural counter puncher and unless Pac isn't overly reckless and stay out of the exchanges and just box him, then he should easily defeat Marquez on points with a superior work rate alone.

The last batch of fighters are a bad style match up for him because they are boxer/movers with a lot of natural ability who likes to fight from the outside and use a lot of distance. I see a potential Bradley fight as a 50/50 because Bradley is an out fighter who typically fights from a distance, however he does enjoy mixing up occasionally on the inside with sluggers who are heavier handed than him and this could be his ultimate undoing against a puncher like Manny and play right into his hands. Therefore, he will have to fight the perfect fight in order to win against Pacquiao.

Crawford is another bad style match up for Pacquiao. Although he doesn't move or throw a whole lot but is very accurate with his punches. In addition, he has a lot of size and uses just enough feints to keep his opponents off balance with enough punching power to check his opponents from rushing in. Moreover, he often switches from orthodox to southpaw. This could cause Manny problems; Especially if he is constantly backing Pac up and walking him down on the back foot.

The most difficult of these potential match ups would be obvious Floyd Mayweather; The former P4P best boxer in the world. Manny doesn't stand a chance against him because he would have too much style and too much class for him.It would be another shut out because of Floyd's speed and defense, Manny would have too much difficulty finding him to unleash his offense against him.
                    another shut out? Pac won 4th and 6th better than any round Floyd won in the entire fight. Floyd did win, but closer to 116-112. JMM don't want it, and matthyse is hard to justify coming off that loss to Postol.
                    I think Khan or Crawford would be a good choice

Comment

Originally posted by rasdun View Post
                      LMFAO!!! Is that a joke??? Crawford would smoke the '15 version of Berto
                      Probably. Don't know. More important, irrelevant to the topic. But you're a clown poster who somehow isn't on my ignore list although that should've been done about 4 years ago. Will do so now.

Comment

Working...
                      X