My Message to Eddie Hearn RE: Ward vs Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
    Earl,

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. After careful consideration, I have agreed with your proposal. I mean why generate interest in a fight that could generate millions of euros when my fighter lost the first time? You have made it clear that as a promoter I should abandon one of the biggest fights to be made for my fighter after his rematch with Kessler. I should ignore all possible financial benefits in a rematch and stay quiet because my fighter only won three rounds.

You sir are absolutely correct. I'm glad you took time out of your day to tell me.

Sincerely,

Eddie Hearn
    Touché my man, touché!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Don't talk Hearn out of it. Ward could use a big payday.
      Ward is never coming to UK man doesn't matter if you think its an easy win for him or not its just not happening

Comment

If they throw $4 million or so at Ward to go over there I think he would be sorely tempted to make the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          I sent Eddie this message
          I disagree.

It builds up the Froch-Kessler fight even more. Ostensibly, the winner gets a re-match with Ward.

We all know what would happen in a rematch; but it's to generate interest. Don't read too much into it.

Comment

Yeah...imagine a fighter wanting to prove himself after taking a loss..imagine having that mentality where even if you fail once you keep trying to be the best. Imagine huh.

Comment

While the Froch-Ward fight was one sided, it still was an insanely tough fight for Ward, I think that helps sell the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
                Yeah...imagine a fighter wanting to prove himself after taking a loss..imagine having that mentality where even if you fail once you keep trying to be the best. Imagine huh.
                This is impossible. Everybody knows rematches always go the same as the first fight.

Comment

He's obviously trying to sell the Ward - Froch rematch when he says a rematch would be different in the UK but my guess is Ward won't travel.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                    This is impossible. Everybody knows rematches always go the same as the first fight.
                    How often do you see a complete 180 though?

What success did he have in the first fight? What Is there to work wit ?

Short of a lucky punch, I don't see a way to victory for Froch. And considering that ward is thettechnician of the two, it's likely to be an even worse fight for Froch this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      When did Ward become this superstar who can generate multi million dollar paydays? His match against light heavyweight champion, Chad Dawson, two american champions, in america made a pittance.

Nobody wants to see a rematch, hell Froch would make more fighting George Groves in london than in a ward rematch.

It's like i said, sour grapes, not trying to set up a huge rematch, it'd be another pointless, boring schooling.
                      The first fight was boring? Ward walked him down, smothered him violently, and the crowd went wild! Its like people dont even pay attention to the fights, they attatch a label to a fighter, then ignore when he starts transitioning! Ward used to be a major clencher until he improved his inside fighting! His fight with Chad could have been fight of the year! Violence, multiple knockdowns, screaming crowd, and a stoppage!

Comment

Working...
                      X