Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best chin in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oliver McCall has to be up there , atomic bull does NOT go down even now , and althought not the greatest chin , i think de la hoyas chins is underrated ,only ko'd by a bodyshot , took flush punches off pac without seriously wobbling ,i think mike tyson had a good chin to an extent , 5 ' 10 taking bombs off 240+lb'ers i never saw tyson's lights go out , he was ko'd a few times sure , but u look at his eyes and he was never out cold. Chris eubank had a great chin also !

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
      Mark Hunt for kickboxing.

in his prime he took punches as well as anybody i've seen

hell, that guy could get kicked in the head and stay upright
      same with kasiuki fujita.

some guys from certain parts of the world can just take more punishment / are more durable

real samoans are one of them haha!

the average samoan is largest person on the planet in terms of country of origin and average sizes

some other superhuman beards:
      james toney
      carlos monzón
      antonio margarito
      salvador sanchez
      daniel zaragoza
      erik morales
      mosley
      camacho

and "Bad" bennie briscoe

speaking of bad bennie... i think i need a new avatar

Comment

I always thought Joey Maxim's chin was underrated!
        Last edited by Marcov; 06-24-2011, 05:10 PM.

Comment

All things considered I have to go with Hector Camacho

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
            Mark Hunt for kickboxing.
            hahahaha yeah in his prime he probably had the hardest ****in head in combat sports history! That man could of took a sledgehammer I swear to God! haha

Comment

This is LaMotta's prize. The only one who can contest him for it is Chuvalo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                hahahaha yeah in his prime he probably had the hardest ****in head in combat sports history! That man could of took a sledgehammer I swear to God! haha

lol you can actually see cro cop looking down to the ground after he lands that kick. he's clearly expecting hunt to go down and stay there
                and he barely blinked!

the guy knew how to protect his chin well

i'm not saying he was fast or clever, but at least he tucked the thing

antonio margarito made a career off of taking punches flush on the jaw
                his showing against cotto is to this day the greatest display of a chin i've ever seen.. it seems to make more and more sense now that it's abundantly clear margarito had loaded glove to give him confidence going into the later rounds of the fight.

his chin was right there to be hit
                and cotto (a big WW puncher) was bouncing combinations off of the thing
                literally

and tony was like "Meh."

Comment

George Chuvalo, Jake LaMotta, Randy Cobb, Joe Grim, Salvador Sanchez, Oliver McCall, David Tua, Glen Johnson, Julio C. Chavez.

Ray Mercer had a jaw until late in his career.

Guys like Marion Wilson & Ross Puritty are next to impossible to KO but they're not top echelon fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry A View Post
                    George Chuvalo, Jake LaMotta, Randy Cobb, Joe Grim, Salvador Sanchez, Oliver McCall, David Tua, Glen Johnson, Julio C. Chavez.

Ray Mercer had a jaw until late in his career.

Guys like Marion Wilson & Ross Puritty are next to impossible to KO but they're not top echelon fighters.
                    Joe Grim yea he could take some leather.
                    Marvin Hagler had an awesome chin at middle. I am little surprised he is mentioned so less. Guy could take some real punches. Never knocked out , not even TKO. Once knocked down due to a slip.

Tex Cobb had a great chin. Though on certain days he seemed to have lost it. His fight against Shavers one of the best hitters of all time is unreal.

Comment

Muhammad Ali, George chuvalo, Tex cobb, Jake LaMotta

Comment

Working...
                      X