Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia should take on Brook @ 147 next!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Garcia has been beaten up in 3 of his last 4 fights, and that's him boiling his big frame down to 140 trying to bully. Unless he cherrypicks carefully I don't see anything but struggle for him at 147.

I find it hard to see him beating a bigger guy in Brook who is a skilful mover.
    I don't think that's fair to say. He's been a 140 pounder all of his life, and an underdog in pretty much all of his big fights. But he's come out on top. Decisively.

He did have a hiccup vs Herrera, but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
      brook was dropped at least twice in the amateurs and once in one of his first fights as a pro and his chin is yet to be tested by any puncher of note.

Brook isn't slick, he'd get timed by Swift.

imo he's easy work for Floyd, Thurman and Kahn.
      His glove touched the canvas against Karl David. Huge counter overhand right, he recovers very quickly. Was so long ago Brook isn't the same fighter. He would be significantly larger than Garcia and has the best boxing ability of anyone Garcia would have fought. Would take Brook in a decision.

http://youtu.be/ft66LQ_5BWo?t=3m51s

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I don't think that's fair to say. He's been a 140 pounder all of his life, and an underdog in pretty much all of his big fights. But he's come out on top. Decisively.

He has only made the JWW limit of 140lbs in 9 out of his 29 fights.

Anyway point was that he takes a lot of damage at 140 and he's the bigger guy there. If he moves up to 147, that damage increases and his size advantage is gone.

Not to mention many of the fighters in the top 10 at 147 are boxer-movers which Garcia tends to struggle with.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

The fraud kills himself making 140 so he can feast on smaller guys, according to Naazim Richardson he walks around at 170, that's insane. He should man up and move up to 147 and fight people his own size.

Comment

Lots of threads about Brook now.
            Looks like the kid has become an overnight sensation...good!

Danny def has to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
              brook was dropped at least twice in the amateurs and once in one of his first fights as a pro and his chin is yet to be tested by any puncher of note.

Brook isn't slick, he'd get timed by Swift.

imo he's easy work for Floyd, Thurman and Kahn.
              there is a chance swift won't even carry his power up to 147

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
                The fraud kills himself making 140 so he can feast on smaller guys, according to Naazim Richardson he walks around at 170, that's insane. He should man up and move up to 147 and fight people his own size.
                Why is he a fraud? So what if he does? A lot of fighters do that.

Khan did the same at 140. So did Bradley. Are they frauds too?

Comment

Garcia still has to fight a credible WW opponent first

Comment

Working...
                  X