Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Smith did just over 180k buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing is official until Big Rick says it's official.

Comment

Canelo out there doing Golovkin numbers. NOT GOOD for upcoming negotiations. Prior to this, GBP had the argument that Canelo does at least double the PPV buys GGG does. Not anymore.

It'll be a miracle if this fight happens.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Canelo out there doing Golovkin numbers. NOT GOOD for upcoming negotiations. Prior to this, GBP had the argument that Canelo does at least double the PPV buys GGG does. Not anymore.

It'll be a miracle if this fight happens.
        Then if they both bring in crap numbers and according to some tix were given away, which i never heard and have friends who live in the area, then i would sign that 10 mill with PPV upside right now

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          I will wait for the official numbers from HBO but it's going to be funny watching the fanboys change their mind on believing outside sources.

But if true Golden Boy should smack themselves for passing on the Golovkin fight this year because this will certainly hurt their negotiating power.

i was a good boy and left my house on saturday in spite of the fact that i was f#cking weathered from a metal show the night before . these crooks didn't get my $70 this time! some local public establishment got it instead!

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
            I heard the last 12k tickets were given away. I have a few friends that live in dallas.

One friend took his whole family (wife 3 kids) for free.

Another took his nephew and three friends.

PPV bombed.

182k-79k is 103 ppv more.

Canelo sold 103 k ppv more and gave tickets away ..
            not in way trying to compare, but i believe the attendance for this fight was more than the pac/marg but somehow i thought the crowd was way more louder in the pac/marg fight than in this fight with canelo and smith.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Canelo out there doing Golovkin numbers.
              Since when did Golovkin hit 100K in PPV? OH that's right, we mean 97K. But then it went to 150K PPV.

So again, expect a revision of 180K to 300K? Because of course, these are "Golovkin numbers." Or were you referring to 51,240 tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i was a good boy and left my house on saturday in spite of the fact that i was f#cking weathered from a metal show the night before . these crooks didn't get my $70 this time! some local public establishment got it instead!
                What show?

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  Then if they both bring in crap numbers and according to some tix were given away, which i never heard and have friends who live in the area, then i would sign that 10 mill with PPV upside right now
                  do you really believe ggg was offer $10mil? its just hard to believe he was offer that much when canelo's highest purse up to date was only $7mil? if ggg was offer $10mil, that means canelo would be getting way more ($15mil)?and i just dont see this fight doing that much for them to be offering ggg $10mil. and then still having to pay canelo more than that.

Comment

No link to anything?

Comment

that would show some backlash against him, because he did >300k against angulo and lara who don't have much name value either

Comment

Working...
                      X