Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop it with all this "He has earned the right" BS.....GTFO with that....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop it with all this "He has earned the right" BS.....GTFO with that....

am I the only one who see the nonsense???

If you agree with that statement.....PLEASE explain it to me........how does that make sense?

It's a slap in the face to boxing.......and if you don't see that I don't know what to tell ya.......
    Last edited by extracurRICular; 07-23-2015, 12:10 PM.

But he really earned. He wants a showcase farewell fight. Nothing to get mad about.
    Other question that I'm not really interested in this fight... but after he just beat Pacquiao and probably proved himself as the greatest of his generation I'm not mad at him because he wants an easier fight as a retiring fight. It would be cool if he wouldn't choose Berto because now I'm not interested but whatever...

Comment

Many fighters have done so... Marciano did the same damn thing against Archie Moore who was a light heavyweight at the time.

Comment

Since 2010 he has fought Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, Canelo, Maidana twice, and Pacquiao. If he is deciding to call it a day, he's entitled to a farewell fight; if he intends to continue, he's entitled to a tune up.

It's kind of obvious that people want to see him pushed until he physically breaks in the ring. Far less is expected of fighters in their prime.

Comment

Yeah it's a bit gay, isn't it? I don't even know what it really means or why people have come to that conclusion.

I couldn't give too much of a **** though as long as he doesn't choose Khan lol

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Ric View Post

am I the only one who see the nonsense???

If you agree with that statement.....PLEASE explain it to me........how does that make sense?

Yeah I don't get it either. I don't think there is any fighter I support that I'd get behind making a move like this, even if they had already proven that they are the best thing to ever happen to boxing. Who gets to the top and says "alright, now I'm done, time to beat up on weak *****es", lol what? If you wanna retire on top, I totally get that. But if you gonna fight, don't try to sell us this weak crap.

Aside from all the **** I have given PBF, he's an excellent boxer and I'd like to see him go out against a decent opponent. Heck, virtually everyone at 147 is easy pickins anyway, why go down the ladder this far?

EDIT: Exceptions for wanting an easy farewell fight if you've taken some losses and want to retire on a W. But given the 48W streak and that virtually any fight at 147 is a sure W for Floyd, not sure what purpose Berto serves.

As an example, BHops has had an excellent career and recently had a comprehensive loss to a quality opponent. I would OK with it if he wanted to take a last fight against someone who isn't at the top.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 07-23-2015, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              Since 2010 he has fought Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, Canelo, Maidana twice, and Pacquiao. If he is deciding to call it a day, he's entitled to a farewell fight; if he intends to continue, he's entitled to a tune up.

It's kind of obvious that people want to see him pushed until he physically breaks in the ring. Far less is expected of fighters in their prime.
              hahahha so regardless what he does you got an excuse.........ok...seems legit.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
                Yeah I don't get it either. I don't think there is any fighter I support that I'd get behind making a move like this, even if they had already proven that they are the best thing to ever happen to boxing. Who gets to the top and says "alright, now I'm done, time to beat up on weak *****es", lol what? If you wanna retire on top, I totally get that. But if you gonna fight, don't try to sell us this weak crap.

Aside from all the **** I have given PBF, he's an excellent boxer and I'd like to see him go out against a decent opponent. Heck, virtually everyone at 147 is easy pickins anyway, why go down the ladder this far?

EDIT: Exceptions for wanting an easy farewell fight if you've taken some losses and want to retire on a W. But given the 48W streak and that virtually any fight at 147 is a sure W for Floyd, not sure what purpose Berto serves.
                I agree completely, especially with the bolded section

If he feels hes done enough, then just retire

But fighting Berto is pretty pathetic

Comment

If this is about Floyd then yes he has more then earned the right to fight a easy "farewell" fight

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Ric View Post
                    hahahha so regardless what he does you got an excuse.........ok...seems legit.....
                    What fighter fights a hard "farewell" fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X