Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else like the Showtime team of Mauro Ranallo, Al, and Paulie Malignaggi?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paulies beginning to piss me off, he's so biased towards movers and then scores cotto-trout a draw even tho trout was the mover

He complains about judging, even tho he benefited from them and then shows how he clearly can't score a fight

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Paulies beginning to piss me off, he's so biased towards movers and then scores cotto-trout a draw even tho trout was the mover

He complains about judging, even tho he benefited from them and then shows how he clearly can't score a fight
      The dumbass didn't acknowledge a single thing Santa Cruz did in his fight. Not once.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
        Ranallo sounds like he should be announcing wrestling or UFC. Dude just yells. Al is a beast an Paulie just keeps getting better. I don't even mind Jim anymore. He's a dick, but you know what you're getting.
        you do know Lampley yells in a whiny voice during fights right? who would you rather have a guy who has a deep voice like Ranallo that doesn't sound annoying or a guy who sounds like his voice is about to go through puberty like lampley.
        I didn't mind lampley when he was younger, but now he has become a conspiracy theorist with a political agenda.

Comment

Paulies really cut out for this imo, he surprised me a while back in one of his interviews when he had to analyse a fight or two and he described it extremely well...no bias just cold hard facts and logical reasoning said in a clear manner. His scoring of fights however is a bit iffy.

Mauro was great in PRIDE and Strikeforce IMO, some people don't like him but he's got a distinct voice and can hype up a fight well. I watched the Khan v Molina fight and Al Bernstein is fine as well but I'll be honest with you nothing beats the legendary HBO team. People like to hate on some teams because they are on top, theres a reason why they are regarded as the best...because they are the best.

I love each team though, they are different in their own way. Showtime pleases the hardcore fans and HBO pleases the casuals. Showtime gives a more analytical commentary, explaining whats happening in the fight and why whereas HBO present the story of the fight, how it came about, what happened in the build up and what happened in their past fights, their habits.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
            Paulies really cut out for this imo, he surprised me a while back in one of his interviews when he had to analyse a fight or two and he described it extremely well...no bias just cold hard facts and logical reasoning said in a clear manner. His scoring of fights however is a bit iffy.

Mauro was great in PRIDE and Strikeforce IMO, some people don't like him but he's got a distinct voice and can hype up a fight well. I watched the Khan v Molina fight and Al Bernstein is fine as well but I'll be honest with you nothing beats the legendary HBO team. People like to hate on some teams because they are on top, theres a reason why they are regarded as the best...because they are the best.

I love each team though, they are different in their own way. Showtime pleases the hardcore fans and HBO pleases the casuals. Showtime gives a more analytical commentary, explaining whats happening in the fight and why whereas HBO present the story of the fight, how it came about, what happened in the build up and what happened in their past fights, their habits.
            The ones who hate Mauro hate him because of his links to MMA, these idiots need to grow the hell up, the man respects all combative sports, he has never dissed boxing at all, he has been announcing since he was like 15 years old back in Canada, and he is a really cool guy when you hear his interviews, plus I will never forget when he got punked by Mirko Cro Cop still one of my favorite moments.

Comment

Not big on Mauro, prefer Gus Johnson.
              Paulie can be good, but he comes off as being biased, especially towards fighters he's lost to: Hatton, Cotto, and Khan...
              Al is cool.

Comment

Working...
              X