Amir Screwed himself over with the new conditioning coach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
    plz ellaborate why?
    I don't know man. I like Amir as a fighter don't get me wrong. It's just a bad vibe I get when he was doing GREAT with his new camp with Roach. Now it's not like that. You change things about a fighter and they will not be the same. Amir is young to adjust but I don't buy into this new coach. He coulda went with Victor Conte, Ryan Hoss, or someone else well known...

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
      Amir also ran on threadmills when he was with Ariza. I´m sure Michael will make him run on the track as well.

Amir is still doing some of the old stuff like strengthening his legs on a sand pit:

end thread!

Comment

i see what your saying Ariza has had proven results, whereas this new guy is a virtually unknown, especially working with a world calss fighter outta no where, i guess we will have to see with the mccloskey fight if anything shows up there, but khan said himself that he enjoys working with the new guy and he left ariza because he wasnt happy with something, so i gues its up to hi to perform

Comment

i see what your saying Ariza has had proven results, whereas this new guy is a virtually unknown, especially working with a world calss fighter outta no where, i guess we will have to see with the mccloskey fight if anything shows up there, but khan said himself that he enjoys working with the new guy and he left ariza because he wasnt happy with something, so i gues its up to hi to perform
          I'm just saying that fighters aren't the same when something changes in camp...it's a 50/50 chance and Amir is young enough to adjust. I just preffer Ariza as conditioning coach. We'll see what happens though...

Comment

Isnt ariza known as a trouble maker???

I was reading pacmans book and in one of the pages it said that he got in to a fist fight with another person in freddys gym because that person wanted to corner manny or something...

Comment

Ariza did a fantastic job with Amir. There is no question that without his improved conditioning Maidana would have got to Khan. It seems Team Khan want Yes Men on their team. Ariza may have his personality quirks but he is in to the bottom line,getting the fighter into the best shape possible. A good personal trainer pushes you further than you really want to go if the new guy is a Yes Man which is what he comes over as a decline in Amir's conditioning is on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                His new conditioning coach has him running inside with a tredmill. He's not doing the leg drills out in the track that Ariza had him do. Khan's legs were his weakness before roach and ariza stepped in. The coach probably has him weight lifting too much having Amir stiffen up which will affect his speed. He kinda gassed out by the 8th round against maidana...this new change screwed Amir over...he shoulda just paid Ariza, cuz his oppourtunity cost is his career!
                So running on a treadmill is ruining his career? How do you know he isn't doing leg drills as well? Dumb ass.

The coach probably has him weight lifting too much having Amir stiffen up which will affect his speed.
                Probably? So you're just pulling stuff out of your ass? I hope your post is a joke, because it makes you look autistic.

And this conditioner was picked by Freddy Roach, somehow I think he knows more than some internet jackass named tito_bandito whose favorite boxer is the pathetic Victor Ortiz.
                Last edited by SpitBalla; 03-10-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                  Ariza did a fantastic job with Amir. There is no question that without his improved conditioning Maidana would have got to Khan. It seems Team Khan want Yes Men on their team. Ariza may have his personality quirks but he is in to the bottom line,getting the fighter into the best shape possible. A good personal trainer pushes you further than you really want to go if the new guy is a Yes Man which is what he comes over as a decline in Amir's conditioning is on the cards.
                  This is my opinion on this matter.

Comment

i don't care if butterbean s his conditioning coach he will have no problems beating mcloser.

Comment

What I don't get is why they don't take advantage of running on the hills in Baguio. That's what the high elevation and rollercoaster roads are for. He has his friends take pics on twitter and all I see are treadmills and a flat track with some hurdles and sand for his shadowboxing. Meanwhile, Manny's getting fresh air and pushing his limits running up a mountain.

Here's Khan's training pics. http://plixi.com/p/84548805

Comment

Working...
                      X