No announcement yet.

Why Mayweather vs Pacquiao will never happen: Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Mayweather vs Pacquiao will never happen: Bob Arum

He is scared... He isn't that good... he doesn't want to lose his undefeated record... He is asking for too much... He is making ridiculous requests

Bob Arum has said all of the aforementioned about Floyd Mayweather Jr. But the truth is this...

1. Manny Pacquiao is not afraid of Floyd Mayweather
    2. Floyd Mayweather is not afraid of Manny Pacquiao
    3. Floyd has never fought a Top Rank fighter since he left them.
    4. Bob Arum has called Floyd the best fighter he had seen since SRL while Floyd was at Top Rank.
    5. Both camps have said that drug testing is no longer an issue
    6. After the Margarito fight we were promised that Arum would try to make a fight with Mayweather at all costs.... Never tried.
    7. Floyd Mayweather is too busy trying to get his legal troubles out of the way to be thinking about boxing.
    8. Mayweather even accepted a down right ******ed request to pay 10 million for every pound he should come over the weight limit.
    9. Somehow drug testing is a ridiculous request, but 10 million per pound isn't.
    10. Arum used Floyd's name to justify pitting Manny against Shane Mosley.
    11. Arum doesn't communicate with Mayweather.
    12. Arum claimed GBP was the problem at one point, which is a lie because Floyd is not a GBP fighter.
    13. Bob suggested that Floyd wanted too much money at first, so Mayweather dropped his demands and accepted 50/50.
    14. Bob says Pacquiao is the boss... yet at every post fight interview Manny indicates otherwise.
    15. Freddie Roach said he wanted JMM... He got Mosley instead.
    16. Bob Arum said Mosley was over the hill after the Mora draw.. Now he is a threat.
    17. Bob's next possible foes for Pacman include...yes..you guessed it. Cotto, Margarito, JCCJr.
    18. He simply has plans for every Top Rank fighter and some other fighters aren't part of that plan. (example: Mayorga landed a fight with Cotto before Berto did....MAYORGA!!!)
    19. Sergio Martinez is not part of Top Rank's plans... matter of fact he is the farthest thing from them.
    20. GBP offered to back off entirely from a 3rd fight between JMM and Pacman... giving Top Rank full promo. JMM is not part of those plans either.

In conclusion...any man who saw the Cotto vs Pacman fight or the Pacman vs Margarito fight and would try and schedule a rematch is simply unreasonable.

any man who would try and kill a fight by imposing a 10 million per pound penalty is unreasonable.

any man who goes against his own word on Mosley is unreasonable.

not seeking JMM vs Pac III is unreasonable.

not allowing Berto to fight with any Top Rank fighter is unreasonable...

Pacman only making 21% percent of his earnings is unreasonable.

keeping Lopez and Gamboa away from each other for over 2 years is unreasonable.

Unreasonable:
    –adjective
    1. not reasonable or rational; acting at variance with or contrary to reason; not guided by reason or sound judgment; irrational, Bob Arum.

Comment

There's some pretty good points in this thread. The real question on whether Mayweather-Pacquiao will happen is, what really went on with those "negotiations"? Did they really exist? Is Arum honest about how much he tried? Is Team Floyd lying? The answer to these questions will determine that. If only there was a way to get that.

But as of now, the only thing we have to go by is Floyd's vacation announcement, which supports the idea that he didn't want to fight. But at the same time, we all know Floyd says stupid s**t behind the camera that even he doesn't even believe (see the video in post #2), so who knows what the truth really is...

Comment

Floyd is very afraid of Manny....why

By asking for OSDT

Comment

Which is why if you are a Floyd fan, you need to move on and should look forward to a non-Pacquiao fight. As a casual fan, I don't really care who he fights (I have given up with the Pac fight). You won't hear me dissing him if he fights non-threatening opposition. There will always something to look for in a fight. You either dominate a fight or you don't. There are upsets, too. Bottom line for me is, boxing will always be 50/50. I don't give a flying trapeze with weights as long as both agree; I don't buy this fighter and that fighter is shot and old or any of that ****. There is always something to look for. If he's old and shot, then look for KOs and domination.
          Last edited by maguirre; 12-25-2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

People need to stop blaming arum for everything! You act like pac is some ******ed kid who has no say in any of his fights. Pac is just as mush to blame the guy is a fucking congress man not a ******!

Comment

Both fighters dont want the fight, They both have money, Both have egos and legacy doesnt mean much to them, I dont see either going the extra mile to make the fight happen because they are both too big and can do without each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Both fighters dont want the fight, They both have money, Both have egos and legacy doesnt mean much to them, I dont see either going the extra mile to make the fight happen because they are both too big and can do without each other.
                You my friend.... know EXACTLY what you are talking about. good post

Comment

Yea I figured that out a while ago

But who cares, dudes careers will go on

Comment

Top rank is the reason floyd vs pac ain't happening. Golden boy would have got it done by now.

Comment

Working...
                    X