Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo's Uppercut on Williams Was Months in Making, Trainer Says

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was one of those moves you practice so much it literally becomes second nature. It's beautiful to see fighters train things they ACTUALLY DO IN A FIGHT. Even though I definitely wanted him to lose he gets all the credit for that win.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      It was one of those moves you practice so much it literally becomes second nature. It's beautiful to see fighters train things they ACTUALLY DO IN A FIGHT. Even though I definitely wanted him to lose he gets all the credit for that win.
      Those Charlo boys work HARD.

Jermall's not the same guy that fought Trout.

It takes work to improve that much.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        Size difference was very telling. Williams was like fighting a 168 guy, not to mention Charlo's long reach. But it's a big win, regardless.

Question is who is your next fight? Will you be the typical Haymon fighter who wins big, then disappears and never seen again until a year later?

Make me follow you by going active doe. Otherwise.....you're another nobody to me.
        Charlo was about 15 pounds heavier than Williams in the ring. That is why Showtime put up fraudulent in ring weights. The fight night weights Showtime showed were even less than the morning reweigh weights which is impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
          Charlo was about 15 pounds heavier than Williams in the ring. That is why Showtime put up fraudulent in ring weights. The fight night weights Showtime showed were even less than the morning reweigh weights which is impossible.
          Why would they put up fake weights?

They're both managed by the same guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Why would they put up fake weights?

They're both managed by the same guy.
            You would have to ask Showtime. Showtime listed Williams as 159, and Charlo at 158 for fight night. Charlo was clearly the bigger guy by probably 15 pounds in the ring. The morning re-weighs, Williams was about 161, and Charlo 163 from what I saw. Drug testing was not existent for this fight either, outside of one pre fight piss test. I think Charlo probably used a diuretic to make 154 comfortably. Of course just speculation, but you asked why would they put up fake weights. Charlo, big in stature for his weight class, and the next one up, and also a power puncher, is probably viewed as more marketable. So you might not want to post fight night weights showing him outweighing Williams 12 or more pounds on fight night.

Comment

You would have to ask Showtime. Showtime listed Williams as 159, and Charlo at 158 for fight night. Charlo was clearly the bigger guy by probably 15 pounds in the ring. The morning re-weighs, Williams was about 161, and Charlo 163 from what I saw. Drug testing was not existent for this fight either, outside of one pre fight piss test. I think Charlo probably used a diuretic to make 154 comfortably. Of course just speculation, but you asked why would they put up fake weights. Charlo, big in stature for his weight class, and the next one up, and also a power puncher, is probably viewed as more marketable. So you might not want to post fight night weights showing him outweighing Williams 12 or more pounds on fight night.
              That's Area 51 conspiracy bull****.

Before the fight nobody saw Charlo as a power puncher.

You act like they new Charlo would win.

Come on man.

Comment

That's Area 51 conspiracy bull****.

Before the fight nobody saw Charlo as a power puncher.

You act like they new Charlo would win.

Come on man.
                Facts
                IBF morning re-weighs are public knowledge.
                Showtimes fraudulent fight night weights were listed during the broadcast.
                Boxers don't lose weight after the first weigh in, and damn sure don't get lighter after the morning re-weigh.
                There was no VADA, or USADA testing for this fight, only one pre fight piss test.
                Charlo was significantly bigger than Williams in the ring, outside of height.

Speculation
                Charlo used a diuretic to cut weight for the Williams fight, possibly other P.E.D.s as well. He fought a chinny guy in Trout, and Trout took flush shots no problem. This fight he fights a guy having never showed chin problems and had him reacting like he was being hit with loaded gloves.

Comment

Facts
                  IBF morning re-weighs are public knowledge.
                  Showtimes fraudulent fight night weights were listed during the broadcast.
                  Boxers don't lose weight after the first weigh in, and damn sure don't get lighter after the morning re-weigh.
                  There was no VADA, or USADA testing for this fight, only one pre fight piss test.
                  Charlo was significantly bigger than Williams in the ring, outside of height.

Speculation
                  Charlo used a diuretic to cut weight for the Williams fight, possibly other P.E.D.s as well. He fought a chinny guy in Trout, and Trout took flush shots no problem. This fight he fights a guy having never showed chin problems and had him reacting like he was being hit with loaded gloves.
                  You typed that **** on Elvis' computer while he was out riding his new Unicorn.

**** outta' here with that trash.

Comment

You typed that **** on Elvis' computer while he was out riding his new Unicorn.

**** outta' here with that trash.
                    I separated the facts, from the speculation for you. Which of the facts do you take issue with?

Comment

I separated the facts, from the speculation for you. Which of the facts do you take issue with?
                      The part about the fraudulent weights...you can't prove that by looking.

There is 0 motive to fake weights.

NOBODY new Charlo would KO Williams especially considering how he looked against Trout...so to single him out as the power puncher they could hype is dumb.

Comment

Working...
                      X