Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does most people here gives ward a pass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward should fight more often, KO some bums and gain some casual fans.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Golovkin isn't considered one of the 2 best fighters in the world.

Golovkin fights A LOT. He's in the ring 3 or 4 times a year. It's easy to forget about a fighter's out of ring activities when they are active in the ring.

Golovkin has tried to get fights with the best in his division, so we know he isn't running from a challenge.

Golovkin doesn't say stupid stuff every other week.

Compare that to Ward, who has fought twice since 2011, says a lot of stupid things lately, and as far as we know isn't trying to make anything happen. When is he even going to fight again? Is he trying to make any fight happen?

You know how Khan is heavily criticized for not having a meaningful win since 2011? Guess what, neither has Ward.
      Ward was injured. Anyhow calling out guys in one of boxings weakest divisions.....isn't that impressive. 160 is piss poor at the moment, there's no denying it. Both should move up, but I'm just saying if you're gonna hate on Ward you should hate on GGG. If you're not gonna hate on Ward don't hate on GGG. Both are slacking, the only edge I give to Ward is he's actually put in work before he decided to slack.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
        He ask Dawson to go down
        Now he want ggg to move up
        Most of his fights must be in his hometown

It's not like I mind about ggg going up to fight ward but ward seems to always be the one challenging and demanding
        Ward has paid his dues. He's earned the right to call shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
          So first you say he should've done the righteous thing and fought Dawson at 175. Ok that's fine. Then you say he has legacy defining fights at 160. That makes no sense. By your logic, Dawson made an attempt at a legacy defining fight at 168.

As I stated in my original post, Ward should move up to 175 now but there's no way he should move down to 160.
          of course it makes sense if you used your brain.

we are talking about andre ward here, not chad dawson. if dawson went down in weight and beat ward he would get even more credit. same thing with ward coming down in weight and beating GGG.

Im not saying ward should go down either. Ward has basically cleaned out 168. Stop wasting everybody's time and move up to 175 already where he has big money and legacy defining fights waiting for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
            He ask Dawson to go down
            Now he want ggg to move up
            Most of his fights must be in his hometown

It's not like I mind about ggg going up to fight ward but ward seems to always be the one challenging and demanding
            Well he is number 2 p4p guy in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
              Ward was injured. Anyhow calling out guys in one of boxings weakest divisions.....isn't that impressive. 160 is piss poor at the moment, there's no denying it. Both should move up, but I'm just saying if you're gonna hate on Ward you should hate on GGG. If you're not gonna hate on Ward don't hate on GGG. Both are slacking, the only edge I give to Ward is he's actually put in work before he decided to slack.
              Other than Ward, 168 has become very thin now also. Most of the talent are either old or moved up to 175. Ward already beat everyone in his division, there is really nobody left for him to fight unless he gets Chavez Jr.

Golovkin at least has a couple options, but Politics and other BS might prevent them from happening. He can still hope for Martinez I guess. I don't think Sturm or Quillin will happen. We might see fights vs Geale, Korobov and maybe Lemieux, which could be fun I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                of course it makes sense if you used your brain.

we are talking about andre ward here, not chad dawson. if dawson went down in weight and beat ward he would get even more credit. same thing with ward coming down in weight and beating GGG.

Im not saying ward should go down either. Ward has basically cleaned out 168. Stop wasting everybody's time and move up to 175 already where he has big money and legacy defining fights waiting for him.
                Don't get upset with me because of your flawed logic lol.

Stop mentioning Ward going to 160 to fight GGG. It's a foolish proposition. Again, as I stated in my first post, Ward's move should be north to 175. Stevenson and Kovalev are awaiting him there.

Comment

GGG fans are pissed today.

I like GGG and he looks like the goods but that just it he looks like the goods but hasnt stepped up to prove he is.

Posters wanna hate on broner or canelo but at least they stepped up. GGG hasnt done a thing

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                    When you take a close look at the situation, you will realize it is mostly trolls who exalt Ward.

He is a good fighter, no question about that, but to hold him as one of the greatest in our era is not an educated opinion. He fought a drained Dawson, a drained Rodriguez who looked like Christian Bale in The Machinist... you can say his best win was against Froch who is a very robotic fighter, and I like Froch by the way so no disrespect intended towards him.

Once he decides to fight real opposition at their weight, he will soon face the harsh realities of the sport and the classes that divide it. Golovkin would smash this clown.
                    Well for a start he is going knock the **** out of GGG.

He takes on BIG challenges and dominates.

Hes the TRUTH

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                      Ward was injured before the Dawson fight. Since then he's spent his time trying to break out of his contract and waiting on easy money fights like Chavez Junior.

Golovkin isn't trying to slack, that's the difference. He's a middleweight, and shouldn't be criticized for wanting to stay in a division that suits him. He's being denied the best fights in his division because no one wants to fight him. Criticize his competition if you want, but don't pretend Golovkin isn't seeking out better.

Comment

Working...
                      X