No announcement yet.

Rocky Spin Off Film: Creed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Spin Off Film: Creed

Apparently a Creed film is in the works, it will be about Apollo Creed's grandson wanting to get in to boxing. His family are against it because of the death of Apollo. He's well off because of his dad's money but has the skill to box and seeks Rocky Balboa to mentor him. Rumoured to be playing the part is Michael B Jordan from The Wire and Friday Night Lights.

"Sylvester Stallone is set to play Rocky Balboa for the seventh time in a forthcoming spin-off film called Creed.

The spin-off will focus on the grandson of Apollo Creed, Balboa's friend and longtime boxing rival played by Carl Weathers, who was killed in the ring in Rocky VI. The Wire's Michael B Jordan is "in early talks" to star as the grandson, Deadline reports, and Stallone will reprise his role as Balboa, now a retired fighter-turned-trainer.

Creed's grandson will apparently be portrayed as a young man who enjoyed a privileged upbringing thanks to his grandfather's boxing winnings. Though he has no financial incentive to follow Apollo into the ring, he is blessed with the natural talent to become a heavyweight champion and turns to Balboa for mentorship.

Creed will be co-written and directed by Ryan Coogler, whose debut movie Fruitvale Station - which also stars Michael B Jordan - won the Grand Jury Prize at this year's Sundance Film Festival. Stallone is said to "love" the premise of the spin-off movie and will serve as a producer as well as appearing on screen."

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/sy...pin-off/314187

If done properly I think it could be a decent film or it could be a heap of **** that should have been left alone. What's your thoughts on this?

Yeah no thanks

People want to see Rocky, not some kid, they tried this with 5 and it was an epic fail

Leave the series alone, Rocky Balboa was a good end to the series

Comment

I can wait.

Comment

get some real boxing people involved in the production and this could be a classic.

Comment

Will take a look if it comes out.

Comment

they shoulda just made a movie about Clubber Lang

Comment

When's the last time Rocky was good? Part 3?

Comment

I'll watch it. Rocky was how I got through college. I would revise 30 mins, and treat myself to 10 mins of film. Repeat and rinse. I had the DVD set and it motivated me.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  When's the last time Rocky was good? Part 3?

i liked the last one...anything that has Tarver getting beat up is woth the watch

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    i liked the last one...anything that has Tarver getting beat up is woth the watch
                    Hated that fight scene. Nothing makes fake fighting look stupid like trying to use actual TV camera angles. **** the rest of the movie, too.

Comment

Working...
                    X