Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why was berto constantly circling to ortiz's left hand??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude needs a new trainer... relying on athletic ability can only get u so far!

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      he was doin it before he got hit..and thats the reason he got hit
      Ortiz has a better right hook. Even though he was getting clocked by it he was better off not getting clocked by Ortiz's RIGHT hook.

Either way he was screwed. All you had to do is watch Berto vs Lefties.

Collazo
      Quintana
      Ortiz

They all landed the left hand when they felt like it. This wasnt a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Ortiz has a better right hook. Even though he was getting clocked by it he was better off not getting clocked by Ortiz's RIGHT hook.

Either way he was screwed. All you had to do is watch Berto vs Lefties.

Collazo
        Quintana
        Ortiz

They all landed the left hand when they felt like it. This wasnt a surprise.
        he does have a good right hook but he shouldve swithed his movement up more

Comment

Originally posted by Stromprophet View Post
          I don't know that it mattered. Ortiz hurt him with both hands. But yeah, he should circle away from the power hand.

I was more amazed at way too many people talking in his corner. The trainer is the only one who should be talking. Not the cut man. Not his brother (who was being nothing but a distraction, STFU)
          yeah his brother needs to be kicked out of the corner all of that emotional bullcrap only adds to the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Ekscape View Post
            Berto's corner was fkn horrible... just a mess... there were like 3 people talking and screaming at him between rounds, his trainer wasn't giving him much technical advice other then, "your a beast, your a beast" or "show them what you're made of"... his corner was a disgrace
            very ****in true...his brother, his dad, and his main trainer were just saying random **** to him for most of the fight. he lost either way. he felt ortiz's shots, became tired and started holding. he had his whole training camp to develop different techniques and gameplans. ortiz was the better man that night.

Comment

his corner never adjusted this at all
              because berto's team is a joke. his corner men don't know what the **** they are doing.

Comment

I think it was more Ortiz circling away from Berto's right (which is the correct thing to do).... Meaning Victor was in control of the ring etc.

awesome fight i thought.

Comment

Ortiz is right handed.But his straight left is just as good as his right hook

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
                    Ortiz is right handed.But his straight left is just as good as his right hook
                    i know hes right handed..but he couldve switched up his movement

Comment

just like bernard hopkins was tweeting during the fight, berto needs a professional corner, they were weak and provided no real instruction. i don't think that berto would've followed the best most perfect instructions if they were laid out for him though last night, he looked flat and had no rhythm, he looked confused and probably wasn't expecting ortiz to be as mentally strong and determined...... berto must have been on boxingscene threads reading about the perception of ortiz.

one thing is for sure, ortiz gained his credentials back, he showed he has a fighters heart when getting dropped........ i was rooting for berto, but was happy to see ortiz get his manhood back, so to speak. all the fights of ortiz leading up to this fight, didn't prove anything, this fight PROVED he has what it takes.

i really think that the weight affected ortiz response to maidana's punches at 140, he clearly proved he was able to handle the power and had better recuperative skills this time around. being drained from making weight, punches take on a whole new feel

Comment

Working...
                      X