No announcement yet.

I need somethign that will give me quick energy in the morning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need somethign that will give me quick energy in the morning

Before my run. I'm preparing for a big tournament at the moment, and as I'm training really hard and nearly always fatigued, I sometimes find it hard to run on an empty stomach in the mornings (the run/s I do are pretty hard), and I want something that will give me fast energy before hand. I wake at 6am and start my run at around 6:20-25am. I know I could wake up earlier and have a meal or something, but I will burn out at school during the day if I'm up any earlier than 6am, unless I consumed a lot of caffeine which I don't want to do.

So is there anything that I could eat immediately upon waking that will give me energy within 20-25 minutes? Keep in mind I have to watch my weight also so chocolate isn't really a good option.

Get some of this:

Start is a cereal for people on the move, people who know that a combination of diet and exercise is the key to keeping fit... inside and out.

The crisp, malty taste of wheat, corn and oats is a really enjoyable way to get the energy you need, and Start is also packed with vitamins and minerals which provide a third of your daily needs of vital nutrients in a single bowlful.

So begin every day with Kellogg's Start... and stay out in front.
    It tastes great too!

Comment

Comment

Maybe try a piece of fruit (for sugar), some water and some whey protein?

*Edit - I've never tried it myself, but I've heard Manuka Honey (and organic honey in general) is good for a quick burst of energy, might wanna check that out.
        Last edited by dannnnn; 07-24-2010, 08:36 PM.

Comment

an apple will give you the boost u need

Comment

Eating and then running/jogging after can make you VERY ill. Grab some fruit or cereal after you get back. Or a mediocre dosage of unsalted peanuts. They're one of the foods that doesn't give you complete cramps or other problems when eating in action and they pack quite the energy and calories to keep you performing for hours.

Comment

Apple, banana, or orange.

Low calorie but simple carbs that will give you energy fast.

Comment

how about a big tall glass of orange juice, and maybe even a v8 juice with that...

or really, any fruit would do including apples, bananas, oranges, watermelon

Comment

Last time I had serious weight to drop and would wake up and run every morning, I would eat either a banana, or a single piece of toast with peanut butter on it. As far as energy goes, I HIGHLY recommend 5 hour energies. You'd probably only need a half considering the empty stomach, depending on your tolerance to such things. I personally think they are a very useful. Not to sound like the commercial lol, but it gives a solid boost with no ill effects, crashes, etc. If you have a costco nearby, you can get a pack of 27 (I think that's what it is) for $39.99. Otherwise they cost $3-$4 each.

Comment

Working...
                  X