Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by travi$ View Post
    Pavluychenko is a huge risk
    Thats all I have to say in this thread.
    Agreed, any russian is IMO. But better to take the risk than have to rely on just Bent. That is a bigger risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by hurricane72 View Post
      I have my reservations about russian players as well. But it's gotta be better than no-one at all.
      I do aswell mate, but i am pleased we didnt buy arshavin instead. His not a goal scorer and pavlyuchenko is. We didnt need another Dos Santos or Modric.

Comment

• Just read that arshavin could be comming aswell, along with Corluka and Miguel Veloso. Veloso is a brilliant defensive midfielder and to bring him in would sort out the defensive side of our midfield.
        One thing that confuses me if we do get this player is having too many midfield players:

Jenas, Modric, Dos Santos, Huddlestone, Zokora, Lennon, Bentley, O'Hara. and now possibly (hopefully) Veloso. Thats 8 (9) midfielders, someone has to go!.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/7584737.stm

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
          Just read that arshavin could be comming aswell, along with Corluka and Miguel Veloso. Veloso is a brilliant defensive midfielder and to bring him in would sort out the defensive side of our midfield.
          One thing that confuses me if we do get this player is having too many midfield players:

Jenas, Modric, Dos Santos, Huddlestone, Zokora, Lennon, Bentley, O'Hara. and now possibly (hopefully) Veloso. Thats 8 (9) midfielders, someone has to go!.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/7584737.stm

If we get Pavyluchenko and Arshavin,Corluka,Veloso then I might be a bit more optimistic about this season.

I'm not sure as to who would go, I was thinking Zokora but he would be cover for Veloso.

Comment

If we get Pavyluchenko and Arshavin,Corluka,Veloso then I might be a bit more optimistic about this season.

I'm not sure as to who would go, I was thinking Zokora but he would be cover for Veloso.
            Same here, hopefully there'll be a couple more new faces before the weekend.

The transfer window should shut before the season starts, it's a pain in the facking arse!

saw the thread in the dome!!!

Comment

• Well huddlestone just signed a new 5 yr contract, so Zokora would be the most likley to go.
              Looks like Robinho is going to chelsea which wont be good for us on Sat

Comment

• At last 1 point and we are off and running, or make that walking. Good result though at stamford bridge.

Dissapointing is in 60 premier league games against the top 4 teams we haven't won one.

Breaking News: We have just signed Vedran Corluka from Macnhester City.

Comment

At last 1 point and we are off and running, or make that walking. Good result though at stamford bridge.

Dissapointing is in 60 premier league games against the top 4 teams we haven't won one.

Breaking News: We have just signed Vedran Corluka from Macnhester City.
                  was at the game yesterday, thought the goal lifted us and we were positive in the 2nd half. Obviously Ramos does better against the top 4 than he does against the rest.

Getting Corluka is a massive plus as it gives us options at RB, CB and DM. Pavluychenko will help Bent as he was pretty isolated yesterday, in the 2nd half Modric came into his own and was up there with Bent giving him support.

GDS needs to sit on the bench for a bit now we got Pavluychenko.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Gorgon View Post
                    was at the game yesterday, thought the goal lifted us and we were positive in the 2nd half. Obviously Ramos does better against the top 4 than he does against the rest.

Getting Corluka is a massive plus as it gives us options at RB, CB and DM. Pavluychenko will help Bent as he was pretty isolated yesterday, in the 2nd half Modric came into his own and was up there with Bent giving him support.

GDS needs to sit on the bench for a bit now we got Pavluychenko.

Still need a DM and another striker. Talk of Owen leaving Newcastle for round £2m. I'd take that, bargain.

P.S. You gonna enter my prediction thread, today is the last day and we need more people. I'm adding 100k personally to the prize fund.

Comment

Still need a DM and another striker. Talk of Owen leaving Newcastle for round £2m. I'd take that, bargain.

P.S. You gonna enter my prediction thread, today is the last day and we need more people. I'm adding 100k personally to the prize fund.
                      I'm a betting virgin, I'll have a butchers though.

Corluka can play DM by the way. Zokora was immense yesterday at DM as well, his distribution lets him down.

Comment

Working...
                      X