Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose loss in big fights were better? Oscar or Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
    Cotto's loss...

Margarito (plaster)
    Pacquiao
    Mayweather
    Canelo
    Trout (even though this wasn't really a big fight)

Oscar's loss...

Trinidad
    Mosley 2x
    Hopkins
    Mayweather
    Pacquiao

Me personally, I think the loss in big fights were better for Oscar. Just because he had Hopkins and Trinidad in there. But at the same time, we can say Canelo was Cotto's Trinidad. Oscar did better against Floyd than Cotto did, but Cotto did better than Oscar against Pacquiao. I think the only thing that ruins it for Cotto is Trout. So I'm going to say Oscar had the better loss.
    ODLH razor thin loss against Tito could had gone the other way. I thought he beat the steroid charged Mosley in their second fight. No shame in to Hopkins loss because ODLH started at 130 and lets face it, its Benard

Cotto lost decidedly to his top fighters

Comment

Originally posted by RED REP View Post
      Any proof though?

I'll wait....
      The proof is in the plaster....

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Oscar never lost to Tito and Mosley in my eyes. Also, he was very much in the Hopkins fight before that weird shot, he lost a close one to a prime Floyd, and was a zombie against Pacquiao. Basically, Cotto isn't fit to lace Oscar's boots, different class of fighters.
        All of this except I might have been a bit kinder in summation, being as how I'm a Cotto fan.

That said, which current 147-154 fighters could carry a more or less prime Golden jock?

Floyd and him just barely and maybe not any more.

That's it.

Comment

Working...
        X