Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video:Ponce De Leon and sparing partner go at it.. cheap shots.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SonnyDempsey View Post
    No, it was the final bell. The 30 second bell sounds at the very start of the video. The 'cheap shot' happens shortly after the final bell at the 30 second mark of the video.

The shot was landed after the final bell.
    actually you're right my bad they probably have 30 sec rest periods between rounds which is why I thought it was the 30 sec warning.

Comment

I think a lot of you are reading to much into it. Its sparring. This is not the first time things have ever gotten out of hand in a gym. And certainly won't be the last time.

This is no different how in pro football during their training camps you see or hear of teammates getting into it.

But people move on. And I'm sure both fighters have already done just that. I know Ponce has...

Well...it seem everyone has moved on expect for the people on this boxing forum! lol

But hey... its good publicity! Daniel Ponce De Leon will fight on January 21st in Mexico!
      Last edited by alphaqfrankie; 12-14-2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alphaqfrankie View Post
        I think a lot of you are reading to much into it. Its sparring. This is not the first time things have ever gotten out of hand in a gym. And certainly won't be the last time.

This is no different how in pro football during their training camps you see or hear of teammates getting into it.

But people move on. And I'm sure both fighters have already done just that. I know Ponce has...

Well...it seem everyone has moved on expect for the people on this boxing forum! lol

But hey... its good publicity! Daniel Ponce De Leon will fight on January 21st in Mexico!
        atta boy Frankie make lemonade lol

yeah man you and I have been seen some heated sparring with a ton of talking between fighters

it's the hurt business

Comment

What we learned in this video:

1. Hoskins can do a pretty good throw

2. They did a great job of restraining Hoskins, but not PDL.

3. PDL needs to practice his kicking, or not kick at all.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
            De Leon looked like he got mad because the other was hitting him good.
            I think it was the elbow that got him mad, he even tried to throw one elbow of his own right before the round ended.

At 0:25 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5rj1...embedded#t=25s

Comment

Sounded like the 30 sec. bell to me. Or it could be 30 sec. rest period. Only the people in the gym know for sure.

Look at the 29 second mark, no one yells to them to stop sparring. This imo, proves that the bell ment there was only 30 seconds left in the round and not "the" end of the round.

Comment

Originally posted by » HE3R0 « View Post

3. PDL needs to practice his kicking, or not kick at all.
                Lmao, looked like he was trying to kick some dirt under a rug.

Comment

This was funny to me lol. I dont know what the bell was for. Might of been a misunderstanding on both people part. Might have been end of round or a time warning cause if you look at ponce de leon he clocks hoskin then proceed to attack the body. So he might be thinking fight still in progress and hoskin probably thought it was over.

But the person more in foul here to me is hoskin fool tried to stomp Ponce De Leon when he was on the ground that **** could have cracked his jaw, teeth whatever, thats hit was uncalled for.

Comment

I think that was the 30sec bell because 30 seconds later it rings again at 1.00 (unless they were doing 30sec rest between rounds which is possible but i doubt here). I think Hoskins made a mistake and thought is was the final bell, dropped his guard and then that's when Ponce cracked him. Hoskins then overreacted and threw him down only for Ponce get get up and judo his ass lol

btw what Kirkland did was disgusting, 100 x worse than this.

Comment

If I was the guy without the shirt, I would've been PISSED.

Everyone was holding him back while no one firmly grabbed Ponce and let him get free hits. That's borderline being jumped.

Comment

Working...
                      X