Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok WBC, GGG vs Canelo FIGHT NEXT, Cinco de Mayo can be the rematch date.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok WBC, GGG vs Canelo FIGHT NEXT, Cinco de Mayo can be the rematch date.

Let them fight already..... GGG was supposed to fight Sergio Martinez, but you let Cotto fight him first..... (Winner to GGG)

Then you give Cotto a voluntary.....

Then make a step aside agreement between GGG and Cotto to allow Cotto vs Canelo Alvarez.... (A agreement which Cotto reneged upon.) With the mandate that the winner face GGG next..

Now you suggest they both fight someone else before a POSSIBLE Cinco de Mayo match between them !!!!

What is wrong with you ???

If you want Canelo Alvarez vs GGG on Cinco de Mayo, you can have it... Let them fight each other next and have a immediate rematch clause for Cinco de Mayo.... (If they are healthy)

If they fight in February, most of America will be in the deep freeze (Especially here in Chicago) People will be more than willing to shell out the PPV bucks on a cold winters night to see these two thump...

You can build up the rematch for Cinco de Mayo and perhaps a trilogy in the fall in the unlikely event of a split in the first two.

You said they fight next, honor your word.... We fans want this, you mandated this.... Stick to your word....

GGG should wait til Cinco De Mayo tho , he should fight his IBF mandatory get that out the wait so that if he does beat Canelo he can move on to Lee

Comment

Fine with me. I'll even be cool with 157 CW.

Gennady will have to fight a CW fight against a 'star' to become a star himself.

Even though Canelo isn't the draw Oscar was.

Comment

Even though GGG has leverage as the mandatory, I'd be cool with 157.... I think he could meet him at 155 to be honest..

Personally, I'm sick to death of the politics and simply want the fight to take place....
        Let's get on with it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Gennady will have to fight a CW fight against a 'star' to become a star himself.

Canelo is arguably a bigger draw. His fight with Floyd generated more money

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
            Let them fight already..... GGG was supposed to fight Sergio Martinez, but you let Cotto fight him first..... (Winner to GGG)
            Rubio was supposed to fight Martinez, but Martinez paid Rubio a step aside fee.

Then make a step aside agreement between GGG and Cotto to allow Cotto vs Canelo Alvarez.... (A agreement which Cotto reneged upon.) With the mandate that the winner face GGG next..
            Again, the step aside agreement was in K2's hand, just like it is right now. WBC just agrees to do it if K2 agrees.

Now you suggest they both fight someone else before a POSSIBLE Cinco de Mayo match between them !!!!

What is wrong with you ???
            Nothing is wrong with him. He was asked a question about that and answered it. He said, sure, if K2 agrees then I'll agree too, it's in their hands

You said they fight next, honor your word.... We fans want this, you mandated this.... Stick to your word....
            He is honoring his word. He has always said that the winner must face GGG next, and the only way they can't is if they come to an agreement with K2 to fight someone else. He is saying the same thing today. Not sure why people are acting shocked now when he has repeatedly said this throughout the year.

Comment

Even though GGG has leverage as the mandatory, I'd be cool with 157.... I think he could meet him at 155 to be honest..
              Personally, I'm sick to death of the politics and simply want the fight to take place....
              Let's get on with it already.
              I'm a GGG fan but I don't think he has much leverage in this situation. Canelo is the A side and could simply drop the belt and continue on with his career. That would leave GGG as a paper champion with no real challengers.

Although I'd like to see Canelo vs GGG at 160lb, GGG kind of put him self in the CW predicament by stating he could fight at 154lb for the right opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Say what you want about his dance partners in his two biggest PPV's, but Angulo and Lara are no names and those fights did 300 and 350k. That's roughly what DLH was doing in his first PPV's against no names. What Canelo did with Mayweather, Cotto, Lara, and Angulo is no different than what DLH was doing early on in his career.

There's just PPV's now that won't get tolerated by fans, we have internet to stream and this is much more widely known than illegal cable boxes of 1990s. Everyone and their mothers and grandmothers have internet access and know how to stream so it's more difficult now ot get a lot of PPV buys especially with the cheap PPV's that fans fee it doesn't belong on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Say what you want about his dance partners in his two biggest PPV's, but Angulo and Lara are no names and those fights did 300 and 350k. That's roughly what DLH was doing in his first PPV's against no names. What Canelo did with Mayweather, Cotto, Lara, and Angulo is no different than what DLH was doing early on in his career.

There's just PPV's now that won't get tolerated by fans, we have internet to stream and this is much more widely known than illegal cable boxes of 1990s. Everyone and their mothers and grandmothers have internet access and know how to stream so it's more difficult now ot get a lot of PPV buys especially with the cheap PPV's that fans fee it doesn't belong on PPV.

How many PPVs will Genndy Canelo sell? I don't know 150k? Maybe 300?

Nobody has to stream anything. You love boxing? Order the PPV.

Comment

I called it 2 months ago.

Canelo/Golovkin split site doubleheader on Cinco de mayo is the perfect way to set up golovkin/canelo for Mexican independence day.

Comment

Working...
                    X