Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Rosado call it a day? POLL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosado has been fighting top-notch competition, so maybe this proves he's just not on the "Elite" or "A-level". Most fighters say they want to fight the best and the toughest, while Rosado has actually been doing that. No one has GGG/Quillin/Lemieux on their record afaik. He continues to get these opportunities because he loses well; he's becoming a litmus test. It doesn't mean he should stop fighting, but that he needs to be matched up more carefully if GBP and his manager want to preserve Rosado's career.

Who Rosado should be fighting imo: Kirkland, Angulo, Stevens, Rubio, Saunders, Truax, Macklin.

Comment

He is a good action fighter with heart but his eyes will not let him win. He shouldn't be taking that type of damage because he is not doing million dollar purses

It has been too many fights all ready with those eyes failing him in the fight and sometimes really early in the fight

Comment

Yes. He should retire.

Comment

I like Rosado's blood 'n guts warrior-esche attitude and he's given fans exciting fights but, yeah, I agree that he needs to step back and make some hard choices because his style does not lend itself to a healthy being.

I'm hoping that Gabe has been smart with his finances and has set aside some of his winnings, so that he can live comfortably without having to play gatekeeper for the indefinite future.

Comment

Rosado is like a poor man's Arturo Gatti. Exciting, tons of heart and some boxing ability.

The problem is he has a fragile face and it is almost harder to miss him with punches than hit him with them and he does not have the power to win a fire fight at least against a guys that really bring it.

Although maybe the better comparison for Rosado is to Ward, who was never able to really take it to the next rung like Gatti was able to do at time.

Comment

In Rosado you sometimes see flashes of Gatti, however, his offensive output is very lacking at times. He doesn't let his hands go enough. He had Lemieux buzzed several times but he failed to follow up.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                In Rosado you sometimes see flashes of Gatti, however, his offensive output is very lacking at times. He doesn't let his hands go enough. He had Lemieux buzzed several times but he failed to follow up.

Yeah he did seem to have Lemieux looking vulnerable a couple times, but he would let up when Lemieux started throwing back that left hook.

Comment

I will admit, hit list of opponents is impressive. It's a murderers row at that weight right now. But he used to post pics to Twitter and Instagram showing his training. I remember one where he was touting heavy bag work out in Instagram. Only in the pic, he was hitting the bag wearing unlaced chuck taylors. If he took training more serious and his manager stopped feeding him to the wolves and actually allowed him to improve (through more disciplined training), he could be a force instead of a barometer.

Comment

Working...
                  X