No announcement yet.

PPV buys for big 3 ppvs this year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPV buys for big 3 ppvs this year

I am just asking for predictions no insults to people opinions but give justification for your numbers. 2 of the three ppvs i am assuming occur

1. May 7 pacquiao vs mosley = 1.2 mil buys I know people will think that CBS exposure during final four and the fight camp 360 in cbs and they are both household names. However i have the fight selling 800k by its own but the cbs exposure bumps it up to 1.2mil buys

2. July 16 Cotto vs margarito II = 750k buys. I know people think this is crazy high but with the mexican and puerto rican support it matches the first fight of 450k buys. But this storyline if they put it on cbs for fight camp will bring in alot more people so i will say 750k buys.

3. Sep or Nov Pac vs Marquez 3 = 1.5 mil buys. I know this is extremely high but this is second biggest fight to be made in boxing. Pacquiao has been fed to everyone on hbo, showtime, cbs, ppv and is known worldwide as p4p number 1 and one of the best for years. However, marquez has been dead even with him the first two fights and has been doing great minus the mayweather fight since pac and him have last fought. People really need to understand that cbs hype on that show and commericals will make alot of buys just casual fans who like the buildup

SOME PRETTY BAD PREDICTIONS ...not liek i care but id say pac mosley does 750k
    yeah its gonna be on cbs but at like 10am on a sat who the hels gona wacth then

the rest of those fights are not even made
    but if they were
    cotto marg 2 500k
    pac jmm 700k

Comment

pac vs mosley 1 million(800k without cbs promotion)

cotto vs cheato 2, 500k

pac vs jmm 3, 1 million(pacquiao vs a mexican will always sell well)

Comment

Originally posted by Dandiez1 View Post
        I am just asking for predictions no insults to people opinions but give justification for your numbers. 2 of the three ppvs i am assuming occur

1. May 7 pacquiao vs mosley = 1.2 mil buys I know people will think that CBS exposure during final four and the fight camp 360 in cbs and they are both household names. However i have the fight selling 800k by its own but the cbs exposure bumps it up to 1.2mil buys

2. July 16 Cotto vs margarito II = 750k buys. I know people think this is crazy high but with the mexican and puerto rican support it matches the first fight of 450k buys. But this storyline if they put it on cbs for fight camp will bring in alot more people so i will say 750k buys.

3. Sep or Nov Pac vs Marquez 3 = 1.5 mil buys. I know this is extremely high but this is second biggest fight to be made in boxing. Pacquiao has been fed to everyone on hbo, showtime, cbs, ppv and is known worldwide as p4p number 1 and one of the best for years. However, marquez has been dead even with him the first two fights and has been doing great minus the mayweather fight since pac and him have last fought. People really need to understand that cbs hype on that show and commericals will make alot of buys just casual fans who like the buildup
        I don't think a Cotto/Margarito rematch will do those kind of numbers. It shouldn't be on PPV in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RFPROBOX View Post
          I don't think a Cotto/Margarito rematch will do those kind of numbers. It shouldn't be on PPV in my opinion.
          pac vs mosley and jmm shouldn't be either but not because of pacquiao.

Comment

Pacquiao - Mosley, 1.25 million +

Cotto - Margarito II, 500k

Wlad vs David Haye 850k

Pacquiao vs JMM 3, under 1 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              Pacquiao - Mosley, 1.25 million +

Cotto - Margarito II, 500k

Wlad vs David Haye 850k

Pacquiao vs JMM 3, under 1 million.
              I will do that in the UK alone. Would it be PPV in the states?

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                SOME PRETTY BAD PREDICTIONS ...not liek i care but id say pac mosley does 750k
                yeah its gonna be on cbs but at like 10am on a sat who the hels gona wacth then

the rest of those fights are not even made
                but if they were
                cotto marg 2 500k
                pac jmm 700k
                I think the OP was on the money and I've been right about PPV buys the last 2 years or so, especially those concerning Pac. You thinking Pac-Marquez does less than Pac-Margarito is completely inexplicable... how do you come to that conclusion?

That's the fight that most people are calling for outside of Floyd for Manny. Marquez is looked at by Manny as the guy who has Pac's number and can beat him, they have a LONG history of great fights and great buys from their featherweight days (Pac-JMM 2 holds the record for most buys under 147 all time), there will be massive exposure and all out marketing.... but it will only do 700K buys, about 500K less than Margarito, a fight that many claimed they would 'boycott'? I'm not following your reasoning.

And Pac-Mosley does AT LEAST 1 mil, don't see why it would do Clottey numbers when Shane is much more recognizable, Manny is about to hit his peak of popularity with all the exposure, and the assistance of Fight Camp 360 and ads for the fight airing on CBS. But all they can muster is Clottey numbers with all this? Do people think things out fully before typing?

Cotto-Margartio I did 500K buys without a 24/7 and no major storyline beyond the top guys at welter going at it for a championship. The fight sold itself and became a modern classic. Now there's a ton of stories that will captivate audiences with Fight Camp- the obvious one being the plaster mystery, Steward giving Cotto a new gameplan, and the undercard is pretty solid so far (Cintron and Barrera announced). I wouldn't be at all surprised if it does 700-800K, especially if it has the same deal Pac-Mosley does with Fight Camp and ads on CBS.

Comment

Pac vs. JMM 3 will surpass 1.3million for sure.

Pac vs. Mosley will do 1.1mill.

Cotto vs. Marg 2 will do 650k.

Comment

the prince had some great reasons. Just wanted to see what other people predict and think. For pac vs marquez 3 to be under 1.15 would make no sense now that marquez is bigger then margarito p4p and fan wise aand the history he has with pac man.

Comment

Working...
                    X