Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duran did it!!! Why can't Pac move up in weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duran did it!!! Why can't Pac move up in weight?

I found this interesting that Roach said Pac can't go any higher than 150 for jr. middleweight but that's it to fight Canelo. Canelo is listed at 5'9. Roach said it will be too much for him to go any higher. Now I know people are going to say something about Floyd and he had a catch weight of 152, (Floyd's listed at 5'8) but I'm talking about Pac. He's listed at 5'7 and Roberto Duran was listed at 5'7 (both are same height), fought all the way to super middleweight, and even beat Iran Barkley for the WBC middleweight title. Iran Barkley was listed at 6'1. I think Pac is a better boxer and in better shape than Duran was, but Duran moved up with no problem? So why can't Pac?

PAC is ducking Hopkins no 2 ways about it

Comment

Pacquiao was 98lbs for his first pro fight, 7lbs below the minimumweight limit. I hear he had to put weights in his pocket to make 105lbs.

Duran started at what, featherweight?

Pacquiao at welterweight right now is basically like Duran at middleweight.

Comment

are u dense?

Comment

Why can't a fighter who has fought in 8 different divisions move up even more? Is that a serious question?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Why can't a fighter who has fought in 8 different divisions move up even more? Is that a serious question?
            I agree with OP.... he did it 8 times... why not 9? What is he hiding?

I mean, he already started his career close to MW... Pac just scared

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              are u dense?
              How am I'm dense for asking that question, a boxing question I might add....

Comment

How is he going to fight at MW? Pac trains hard, down to mid 140s by weigh in.

While Duran drank beer, did coke and sparred cheesecakes when he was fighting at middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by BHopp View Post
                  How is he going to fight at MW? Pac trains hard, down to mid 140s by weigh in.

While Duran drank beer, did coke and sparred cheesecakes when he was fighting at middleweight.
                  Now I see Duran did all that stuff and still won the WBC Middleweight Championship and Cotto did the same thing last weekend, trains hard, and is trained by Roach but Pac can't do it. That's right Pac is 5'7 and fights at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by cush3 View Post
                    Now I see Duran did all that stuff and still won the WBC Middleweight Championship and Cotto did the same thing last weekend, trains hard, and is trained by Roach but Pac can't do it. That's right Pac is 5'7 and fights at 147.
                    Pac is 5'5

And what the **** does height have to do with it?

Comment

Working...
                    X