No announcement yet.

Who's the bigger draw? Pac or PBF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
    It showed Pacquiao and his opponents were a bigger draw than Mayweather and his opponent. Not that Pac is a bigger draw than Mayweather, the only way to measure that is to take the numbers from the fights against the same opponents and Mayweather sold more in every fight against the same opponents. Mayweather = Bigger draw
    Did you not see my previous post or are you oblivious to others with differences of opinions? Manny didn't become a household name until he beat DLH and Hatton. Of course Mayweather would sell more ppvs regarding those fights. Nobodys arguing that fact. But you can keep living in the past while others live in the present and the future.

Comment

Originally posted by 2npac View Post
      Did you not see my previous post or are you oblivious to others with differences of opinions? Manny didn't become a household name until he beat DLH and Hatton. Of course Mayweather would sell more ppvs regarding those fights. Nobodys arguing that fact. But you can keep living in the past while others live in the present and the future.
      You can't compare numbers against different opponents because the opponents fanbase buy the PPVs too. So Mayweather is the bigger draw until proven otherwise.

Comment

You can't compare numbers against different opponents because the opponents fanbase buy the PPVs too. So Mayweather is the bigger draw until proven otherwise.
        Buddy it's 2010! Not 2007! Tyson is a bigger draw then both of them! Does that hold any weight today? No! In terms of popularity, fanbase, and recent ppvs, Pac is clearly the consensus draw, hence the fighter of the decade and athlete of the year accolades!

Comment

how can anyone say Pacquiao after comparing his numbers against De La Hoya and Hatton to Mayweather's? I mean that is your DIRECT, INDISPUTABLE evidence right there. this forum has gone to ****

Comment

Pacs style and nationality help his case. He is a humble guy in and out the ring and that hurts his drawing power unfortunately.

Floyds skills are unmatched in the sport but his lack of aggresion in the ring hurt his exciting outside the ring personna.

The answer to this question is in the numbers. Compare what both did vs the same 3 opponents.

De La Hoya, Hatton, and JMM. Your answer is Floyd by alot.

When I go to a Pac fight I'm expecting the building to be packed with Passion and Pride. When I go to a Floyd fight I'm expecting the building to be packed by celebs and execs.

Comment

It showed Pacquiao and his opponents were a bigger draw than Mayweather and his opponent. Not that Pac is a bigger draw than Mayweather, the only way to measure that is to take the numbers from the fights against the same opponents and Mayweather sold more in every fight against the same opponents. Mayweather = Bigger draw
              PAC- Cotto Bigger payday than Floyd - JMM : Fact

Comment

Can Mayweather sell out the MGM grand on his own? no. Can Pacquiao? Yes. Pac is bigger draw.

Comment

Simple answer. It used to be PBF, now it's PAC. It could change this year or next. Who the f^@% cares?!!!!!!

Comment

you cant compare JMM Floyd and Cotto Pac, I agree with Six Shooter there.

Different opponents, different fan bases.

So basically until such a time as Pac faces a same opponent as Floyd and sells more than him, you have a lot of hearsay from the most rabid of pac dicksuckers on one side, and then you have cold hard numerical facts on the other.

quite amusing though

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
                      Can Mayweather sell out the MGM grand on his own? no. Can Pacquiao? Yes. Pac is bigger draw.
                      Pac is better as a live gate draw, I'll give you that.

Comment

Working...
                      X