No announcement yet.

Whos the best rapper EVER?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whos the best rapper EVER?

Im going with the 6 most popular choices I see on the internet, everytime this comes up...

If i had to put them in order it would go something like this

2pac
    nas
    rakim
    krs one
    jay-z
    Biggie
    Biggie Smalls
    7.55%
    Rakim The God MC
    19.81%
    Nasty Nas aka Escobar
    22.64%
    Jigga Jay-z aka Hov
    9.43%
    Tupac Shakur
    37.74%
    KRS-One
    2.83%

The poll is expired.

ras kass/big l

wordplay vs metaphors
    the list you made is just the most succesfull rappers, and if you wanna go down that road you gotta have eminem

Comment

Originally posted by megadude View Post
      ras kass/big l

wordplay vs metaphors
      the list you made is just the most succesfull rappers, and if you wanna go down that road you gotta have eminem
      2pac all day everyday makaveli was the best hands down

Comment

Originally posted by megadude View Post
        ras kass/big l

wordplay vs metaphors
        I have studied the results of the "whos the greatest" polls and these 6 are the most commonly picked...If i was to put ras kass or big L, then i would have to put big daddy kane or kool g rap, or scarface...I dont believe biggie is a top 6 mc (he would have been if he didnt get shot). Im just going by the popular consensus.

Comment

"..when i'm writing im trapped in between the lines / I escape when I finish the rhyme" - Rakim 1988

Comment

I'd say Eminem. His lyrics are amazin!!

2pac is good, but would he be as big now if he wasn't shot?

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              "..when i'm writing im trapped in between the lines / I escape when I finish the rhyme" - Rakim 1988
              I gotta admit...even though i said pacs the best, i voted for Rakim. I see a very good argument for rakim, nas, and pac...even krs one. I think that Pac was the most versatile...but what Rakim was doing in the late 80's is incredible. He changed the game. I believe his first 3 cd's were clearly classics, an argument can be made for his 4th and 5th as well...

Comment

from that list its jay-z easily. Hes the only rapper that people still listen to. All those other rappers should be deleted from raps history. Especially shnazzir.

Gnause lost.

Comment

Gold Mac....

Comment

I think the problem though with Hip Hop is that there's no respect for the the artists, producers, etc who paved the way. It's like any kid can pick up a mic and rap about bull****, and not even know about the Rakims, Kanes, Kool G raps, Melle Mel, etc, but will go out of their way to tell the "Old guys to take a seat"

But only in Hip Hop will this happen. How many R&B artists tell Stevie Wonder to "Sit down old man...its our turn"

Rakim's rhymes should be studied in College like Pac's are at USC Berkley

Comment

Working...
                    X