No announcement yet.

Better resume Holmes or Wladimir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    I am also taking into account Holmes lost 6 times, regardless he was older fighter when he retired.
    If you're going to do that than you have to take into consideration the point of career and quality of opponent lost to. I'd say Holmes easily comes out ahead in that department. He only lost to great fighters and woven he was old.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
      DON'T take into account losses way after prime, you'll screw yourself in any wlad versus anybody debate especially holmes who went 48-0... Holmes lost to tyson, spinks(disputed), holyfield etc while past prime ......... wlad WHILE prime lost to sanders, purity and Brewster, fighters that are miles below that level.

It's like saying ali is crap because he lost to berbick and marciano is the GOAT because he quit before losing to anybody. If Rocky had fought on and lost to say patterson and liston while past prime would that mean he was crap?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        If you're going to do that than you have to take into consideration the point of career and quality of opponent lost to. I'd say Holmes easily comes out ahead in that department. He only lost to great fighters and woven he was old.
        I do. But also I say Wlad was a very different fighter as well when he lost.
        although it's not the only or biggest determination but it' significant : 6>3.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          I do. But also I say Wlad was a very different fighter as well when he lost.
          although it's not the only or biggest determination but it' significant : 6>3.
          2<3

/ wink

Comment

All avenged defeats means a lot.

A LOT.

Wladimir avenging Brewster defeat was huge.

To me Wlad only lost 'twice' because of his avenged defeat.

That's how avenged defeats work.

And I'm not even a big Wlad fan.. so for me to say Avenged defeats means a lot it means a lot.

I have no agenda. I just feel like avenged defeats means so much. So Brewster being beaten in a rematch was HUGE.

Comment

Holmes by far, Wlad is cursed by this lack of high quality opponents.
              Holmes has to many HOF's/ATG's on his resume; and when your fighting that quality of fighter your gonna have some losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                All avenged defeats means a lot.

A LOT.

Wladimir avenging Brewster defeat was huge.

To me Wlad only lost 'twice' because of his avenged defeat.

That's how avenged defeats work.

And I'm not even a big Wlad fan.. so for me to say Avenged defeats means a lot it means a lot.

I have no agenda. I just feel like avenged defeats means so much. So Brewster being beaten in a rematch was HUGE.
                Avenged defeat is good but it is not a magical travel to the past.. Defeat is defeat. It's not erased by beating the same opponent.
                I wouldn't hold much against Wlad even if he didn't defeat Brewster. I watched the first fight. It was clear to me that from 50 fights Wlad beats him 49 times...

Btw what's 2<3? If it's what i think it is than 2.5<3...
                Last edited by Simurgh; 02-08-2013, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2todabody View Post
                  Holmes by far, Wlad is cursed by this lack of high quality opponents.
                  Holmes has to many HOF's/ATG's on his resume; and when your fighting that quality of fighter your gonna have some losses.
                  Who are ATGs that Holmes beat apart from Ali (which I count as much as Lennox beating Tyson)?

Comment

Holmes by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Holmes fought the bigger names but a lot was green or at the tail end of their careers/semi retired, Wladimir fought the lesser guys/names overall but they was mainly prime IMO

This isn't a Holmes bashing thread or ''Wlad is the GOAT'' or vice versa just wondered who you reckon seeing they've made a similar amount of title defenses
                      , ruled for a around a decade etc
                      Wlad has never won or successfully defended a legitimate lineal Heavyweight title. He still has about 20 defenses to go before he catches up with Holmes. Because he's at 0 right now.

Also, the majority of those top wins you listed for Wlad weren't even ranked in the top 10 when Wlad beat them.

Holmes has guys on his resume that are superior Heavyweights to Wlad

And several more that would beat him H2H.

LOL @ people in this thread implying that this is a valid comparison.

Comment

Working...
                      X