No announcement yet.

Humn beings aren't the most evil, destructive or ****cidal organisms on earth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
    some humans kill for pleasure and get excitement out of it..
    I don't know another animal that does that.

Cats love to kill mice for fun as dogs like to kill cats for fun or should i say for their desire to hunt, which isn't necessarily for food or out of necessity

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      First I need to make sense of your question. Your question is one of resources. This drippy "taking from the earth" rhetoric is absurd and unhelpful. So your question is "What animal community (sic) uses more resources than will sustain their community (sic)?"
      Your question is shot through with bias as your use of "community" typically precludes any animal without extremely sophisticated social systems and so excludes almost every species on the planet. But you're looking for examples of animals that strip areas of resources to the degree that it endangers the population.
      My favourite example of animals whose behaviour threatens the habitats of others is the beaver. Dawkins' excellent second book The Extended Phenotype explains their behaviour at great length. Beavers build dams. They use them to create personalised hunting grounds and shelters for their nests. In doing so they deprive organisms downriver of a habitat by reducing the water-flow to a trickle.
      Ants and termites can drastically change landscapes in order to thrive at the expense of other organisms. And locusts are famously ravenous leaving famine and extinction in their wake.

Why are people the worst offenders? Because we're the best at extending our phenotype in order to exploit the resources in our habitat. There's nothing especially evil or immoral about doing so, and you can bet that the chimpanzees who are driving species of monkeys to extinction would do the same if the opportunity arose.

This is a huge and complex subject.
      I was responding to this post (emphasis mine):

So my two examples of animals that are killing for sport or for reproductive opportunity are entirely relevant to your post. Quite how you segued into "taking from the earth" is something only you can explain.

It doesn't matter if he was the Dean of Veracity in the faculty of Truth at True Story University, it's still a revoltingly idiotic statement.
      No, ur bluster is revoltingly idiotic, self indulgent and clearly biased. Here's another difference, what other species destroys its competitors to the brink of extinction?

Who said anything about changing the environment? Otters? Lol. Big deal, damn hermit crabs do that. To be more specific, humans are the only species that cultivate the earth to grow other communities of their same species. Sure lions or otters strive for their prides or families, but they dont look out for lions or otters as a whole.

Comment

Well obviously we're not.

This guy is

Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
          some humans kill for pleasure and get excitement out of it..
          I don't know another animal that does that.
          Ever watched a house cat play with a bird or a mouse? Tell me that that cat isn't having the time of its life. They might nibble on its guts a little bit, but they usually won't eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
            I never understood gangs. I mean controlled business illegal or not is for profit but I use the example of my really close friend killing two teen boys in a gang dispute...........which started because of a hand sign.

It's almost ridiculous.

And I have to disagree with ts in that humans are the worst.
            Theres lots of killing in nature over territorial disputes. Likely the most common i would think outside of killing for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
              Theres lots of killing in nature over territorial disputes. Likely the most common i would think outside of killing for food.
              Chimps do it all the time. So do ants. Hell, certain species ants will go on a Sherman's March all the time. It's in their nature. People trying to say we're the most vile, despicable animals are just wrong. The only thing is, we have a sense of morality to judge each other on. Most non-human animals (I can't think of any exceptions, but I don't want to say all), have very little sense of morality or empathy. We have to stop separating ourselves from animals. We are what we are. What we're doing is natural. It's how we developed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                Ever watched a house cat play with a bird or a mouse? Tell me that that cat isn't having the time of its life. They might nibble on its guts a little bit, but they usually won't eat it.
                Yes I have watch my cat batter a mouse around, its like watching one of Wlad's fights where you know his opponent is done and he just keeps jabbing but eventually we get the satisfying finish where I don't have to do any clean up of entrails.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Yes I have watch my cat batter a mouse around, its like watching one of Wlad's fights where you know his opponent is done and he just keeps jabbing but eventually we get the satisfying finish where I don't have to do any clean up of entrails.
                  Wlad does fight like a housecat lol

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    Religion is an in-group signifier in the same was that kinship is for troupes of chimpanzees and they certainly waste no time in murdering each other. Religion, like nationality or tribe, is a consequence of evolutionary kinship identity when societies expanded orders of magnitude faster than the plodding pace of evolutionary change.

Money is rather easier to figure out. Money is directly correlated to the necessities of life and fires the same reward/punishment neurons as actual food or actual sex.

religion in humans and familial groupings among chimpanzees couldn't be less alike, dude. that's a huge stretch.
                    you might be able to impress some of these guys with redundant language but to me that's nothing but a load of bull****

and money in excess has very little to do with neccessities (food, shelter, water,)
                    so on the one hand, you'd have a point if we're talking about somebody being violent for a meal
                    but it falls apart when he's violent for anything beyond basic means
                    that's not natural.

human beings kill for conventional means
                    it is not natural.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
                      Cats love to kill mice for fun as dogs like to kill cats for fun or should i say for their desire to hunt, which isn't necessarily for food or out of necessity

that's actually terrific practice, as barbaric as it might sound

there are benefits for the animal

people directly feeding dogs and cats is a relatively modern phenomenon
                      they would either eat scraps or whatever they could hunt and kill.

go walk a sight hound around on a leash and watch what he does when a squirrel darts by. he's going to want to chase whatever runs away from him.
                      that's programming, baby. that thing was born to hunt stuff with it's eyes.

chasing and killing stuff when he's fed regularly might seem like excessive violence, but it's entirely natural
                      just like a cat blasting on a mouse.

Comment

Working...
                      X