Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes you want to box? Passion, Money, Fun??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes you want to box? Passion, Money, Fun??

Just wanting to see what different reasons people have for wanting to be a boxer. Its an amazing sport that requires an amazing amount of dedication and hard work.

I started boxing one 1,5 year ago. Before I did play basketball for some years. Now i train boxing 2-3 times a week. I know it is not much, but I have so much work for school that sometimes i am to exhausted for training. Since I get no money for boxing I guess it the passion which keeps my boxing "career" alive. Now I'm 18 and next year I want to have my first amateur fight.

Comment

started to loose weight, carry on cus i love it. it gives me confidence, makes me a better fighter. its a skill i can learn and improve at and when i get good enough compete at. + there is always the chance of fame and fourtune

Comment

Self Defense, Confidence, Disipline and the competitive nature of the sport just you and the other guy. I'll try and find the quote that talks about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          Self Defense, Confidence, Disipline and the competitive nature of the sport just you and the other guy. I'll try and find the quote that talks about it.
          Boxing is the ultimate challenge. There's nothing that can compare to testing yourself the way you do every time you step in the ring.
          Sugar Ray Leonard

Comment

Love the sport in general and it's a great way of keeping myself healthy, also it teaches you many other aspects in life as someone stated above. I'm looking to have my first fight next year too

Comment

I love it as well man boxing is 90 percent my life today whether it's a daily browse of the forums , training or fight night at the weekends .I couldn't imagine life without it .Granda and great uncle boxed but I never got into it when they were around .Found there boxrec's man anyway .Used to do alot of running and my treadmill broke so bought a bag and since then loved the sport , the intensity , blood sweat and tears .Joined the local gym just over 1 yr ago man . My great uncle founded my local gym I read man .Fitness is there just a bit more sparring and technique .Nearly ready .

Comment

Boxing is in my family. That would be reason one. But the other reason is that I a little self-absorbed in that I have always loved sports and competitions where it was just me against my opponent. Track, pitching (baseball) and boxing have always been in for me. I love them all.

Comment

passion straight up
                  from waking up for them long jogs, to pounding them bags, to sparring just makes for a perfect day

Comment

no stupid team work like in basketball. you are alone like you were born alone...

I like to destroy people and heavy bags. I think it's amazing when you beat someone that is as good as you are....same category etc...

I like the protection and rules that's why it's totally different than a street fight.

When I was little I always won when I fought and it was just because I hit the other guy in head and I didn't grab hair etc...

Because it's natural to fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X