Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Bob Arum groom his fighters to over step each other.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Bob Arum groom his fighters to over step each other.

He used Margarito to overstep Cotto.

Then did the same with Pac with Cotto.

Now hes feeding Clottey to Pac.

Then hes going to feed Cotto to Foreman.

Now it looks like he might be grooming Valero to overstep Pac. He wants him to jump weight classes and Valero keeps saying he wants Pac.

When his fighters start to slide he basically gets a guy to beat him and replace him..lol.

Just a pattern I noticed.
    Last edited by El Castigador; 02-09-2010, 04:04 PM.

Promoters look out for #1. Even when they do right by their fighters they're thinking about themselves. It's just the way **** goes. Arum or any other promoter will sell their guy up the river in favor of another guy they think brings more cake.

Comment

All promoters do this...

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
        Promoters look out for #1. Even when they do right by their fighters they're thinking about themselves. It's just the way **** goes. Arum or any other promoter will sell their guy up the river in favor of another guy they think brings more cake.
        Yeah that seems to be true. This **** with Valero made me think about this. I know Arum wants to match up Valero vs. Pac one day.

Comment

Originally posted by El Castigador View Post
          He used Margarito to overstep Cotto.
          Yeah that seems to be true. This **** with Valero made me think about this. I know Arum wants to match up Valero vs. Pac one day.
          Arum actually wanted Cotto to beat Tony. That fight went horribly wrong and ruined Cotto vs DLH. Pac vs Valero was all but set at that same time after Pac took a LW strap off Diaz. Had that fight fell through, Soto was the backup option. But when Cotto went down, ironically enough, DLH pulled Pac up to WW rather than fight Tony who woulda gladly faced him at JMW in all likelihood. Arum's been at the center of all this ****. He's a greedy dick, but he knows how to stack his chips.

Comment

Arum actually wanted Cotto to beat Tony. That fight went horribly wrong and ruined Cotto vs DLH. Pac vs Valero was all but set at that same time after Pac took a LW strap off Diaz. Had that fight fell through, Soto was the backup option. But when Cotto went down, ironically enough, DLH pulled Pac up to WW rather than fight Tony who woulda gladly faced him at JMW in all likelihood. Arum's been at the center of all this ****. He's a greedy dick, but he knows how to stack his chips.
            And, at the time that Arum wanted to set up Pac-Valero in Macau I think it was... Valero wasn't even with Top Rank... He still was with Teiken promotions...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              And, at the time that Arum wanted to set up Pac-Valero in Macau I think it was... Valero wasn't even with Top Rank... He still was with Teiken promotions...
              That was the whole reason Pac faced David Diaz. All along Arum was looking to get Pac a LW belt and put Pac-Valero together at that weight. It's too bad it never happened because it's history now. Pac is out of Valero's reach at this point, Top Rank or not.

Comment

That was the whole reason Pac faced David Diaz. All along Arum was looking to get Pac a LW belt and put Pac-Valero together at that weight. It's too bad it never happened because it's history now. Pac is out of Valero's reach at this point, Top Rank or not.
                If he put Valero at 140. He might try to make Valero vs. pac at 140.

Comment

If he put Valero at 140. He might try to make Valero vs. pac at 140.
                  That won't happen. Pac already made clear he's leaving JWW to stay fighting at WW, even though he still has the Ring belt at 140 right now. Arum knows Pac murks Valero at 140 anyway. He wouldn't make that fight even if Pac was looking to go back down to 140. Bradley-Valero at 140 is possible, but I'd be surprised f Arum don't make Valero-Soto at LW. That's a TR house fight for him that can lead to bigger money no matter who wins. Could be a war that goes to a rematch actually.

Comment

valero has wanted pacquia for a long ass time, before bob arum I believe. He used to make these weird youtube video's talking about pacquiao all the time, but I can't seem to find them anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X