No announcement yet.

Opportunist Champions - Lennox, Tyson, Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    Maybe you should click the links as I was around too at the time... your 13.5 million was not true as Don King says this in the links if you look. The real reason he said the fights didn't happen was because Lewis was with HBO. He also said that is why a Bowe fight never happened as well...
    http://articles.latimes.com/1993-07-...1_lennox-lewis

Comment

Both Bowe & Tyson avoided him like the plague...
      Maybe you would like to explain this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Yeah...that's exactly my point. Thanks for clarifying that you lied about how it ended in your other post though.

Of course Hope won it. That's not what you were claiming though was it?! You weren't claiming that Hope simply won it. I wouldn't have replied otherwise because that's what actually happened. You said Vito was brutally poleaxed, trying to degrade Hagler via Vito, when that's not at all what happened.

Trying to backtrack to make it look as if you knew... The whole point of this was that you were slagging Hagler, by saying Vito was brutally poleaxed by Hope. Clearly not true.

I know how the fight went. I've already told you, so why are you trying to point out what I've already told you? I don't actually care about the result or what happened in the fight other than to point out your usual deluded bias. You were the one that didn't know what happened.

It wasn't stopped on cuts either. The ref stepped in when Vito was exhausted and Hope was flailing away on him, though he was badly cut as well. That's not what stopped the fight though.

Also, it was Hope that was nearly knocked out in both the 13th and 14th rounds and that was what got Vito so gassed. Hope didn't come on at all in the last five, he was getting beat up in the last five, but then a tired Vito came out, got hurt and cut with a punch, knocked down twice but was then stopped on his feet.

Ie. he was never poleaxed as you said and neither was he easily beaten as you implied by it. Vito was ten seconds from winning the fight and got stopped on his feet. If you had said what actually happened, though you are now trying to backtrack with the post above, I would not have replied to you. But you lied about it trying to degrade Hagler. Just stop lying about petty **** mate.

So anyway, different topic! As usual, whenever you're called out on your BS you very conveniently go silent and disappear. I'm willing to take you up on that bet from the other thread. You prove you have the biggest fight collection in the world and I'll leave this place for good. Well?
        You are in dreamland.. Nothing of what you are claiming, happened in that fight. Hope won the fight fairly easily. The result should have been KO not TKO. Maurice Hope was no more than average at best. My point is that Vito Antuofermo was also no more than an average fighter at best. This then takes us back to Marvin Hagler who fought a 15rds draw with Antuofermo. Hagler's opposition was nothing special, he fought 3 IBHOF fighters and went 2-1 which does not tell the true story. Hearns broken right-hand, Duran the former 135lb great via close decision and Ray Leonard having his first fight in over 3yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          You are in dreamland.. Nothing of what you are claiming, happened in that fight. Hope won the fight fairly easily. The result should have been KO not TKO. Maurice Hope was no more than average at best. My point is that Vito Antuofermo was also no more than an average fighter at best. This then takes us back to Marvin Hagler who fought a 15rds draw with Antuofermo. Hagler's opposition was nothing special, he fought 3 IBHOF fighters and went 2-1 which does not tell the true story. Hearns broken right-hand, Duran the former 135lb great via close decision and Ray Leonard having his first fight in over 3yrs.
          Everyone and there brother knows Hagler won the original Antuofermo fight and that he was robbed. Have you even watched the fight? Hearn's broken right hand isn't Hagler's fault if anything it just brings down Hearn's for having brittle bones. Hagler boxed Duran in that fight which was stupid on Hagler's part. Leonard ran we all know that. Do you even watch boxing?

Comment

[QUOTE=joe strong;16426662]
            Would you accept $13 million + a guaranteed world title shot, or would you accept $4 million to step-a-side?.... Lewis never fancied his chances against that version of Mike Tyson. So he waited another 6yrs unto he self-destructed more.[/QUOTE Lewis sued Tyson to block him from defending against Seldon. So they paid him 4 million to step aside promising he was next. He then vacated the belt. doing exactly what wilder may to to avoid povetkin. Where is this 13 million coming from? I have followed lewis & Tyson from the beginning & I have all their fights. I don't remember any 13 million offer. What I do remember is Tyson having 2 wars with Ruddock & Lewis crushing Ruddock to get in the mandatory position. Lewis beat Lionel Butler to get the mandatory...
            Sonny has been shown, one can see the threads in the section, that he is incorrect many times. He persists in bringing this issue up again and again with these agenda threads, as I like to call them. This is old territory.

In this thread at least his sources match his point of view, many times he picks a source that is unrelated. The problem is, for example the blurb from the LA times does not indicate that there were other factors at play when Lewis rejected the offer. I believe he had already agreed to a fight? but these factors are in the other threads that deal with this.

Sonny cannot accept that Lewis did not duck Bowe and that there is no reason to assume Lewis feared Tyson...they have a history, thats a fact! So argue as you will but this thread was no doubt designed to rekindle this issue.

Sonny only has to go to his 20,000 title vid collection to answer most of his questions!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
              Everyone and there brother knows Hagler won the original Antuofermo fight and that he was robbed. Have you even watched the fight? Hearn's broken right hand isn't Hagler's fault if anything it just brings down Hearn's for having brittle bones. Hagler boxed Duran in that fight which was stupid on Hagler's part. Leonard ran we all know that. Do you even watch boxing?
              Here is what you have claimed:

1/. Everyone knows Hagler won
              2/. Hagler was robbed.
              3/. isn't Haglers fault
              4/. Hearns has brittle bones LOL
              5/. Hagler boxed Duran
              6/. Hagler was stupid
              7/. Leonard ran LOL
              8/. Do you watch boxing LOL

Comment

[QUOTE=billeau2;16430109]

Sonny has been shown, one can see the threads in the section, that he is incorrect many times. He persists in bringing this issue up again and again with these agenda threads, as I like to call them. This is old territory.

In this thread at least his sources match his point of view, many times he picks a source that is unrelated. The problem is, for example the blurb from the LA times does not indicate that there were other factors at play when Lewis rejected the offer. I believe he had already agreed to a fight? but these factors are in the other threads that deal with this.

Sonny cannot accept that Lewis did not duck Bowe and that there is no reason to assume Lewis feared Tyson...they have a history, thats a fact! So argue as you will but this thread was no doubt designed to rekindle this issue.

Sonny only has to go to his 20,000 title vid collection to answer most of his questions!
                You mention my video collection quite often in your posts Bill?.. are you envious i have such a huge collection?

Comment

Bill, what is your take on this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

Comment

Here is what you have claimed:

1/. Everyone knows Hagler won
                    2/. Hagler was robbed.
                    3/. isn't Haglers fault
                    4/. Hearns has brittle bones LOL
                    5/. Hagler boxed Duran
                    6/. Hagler was stupid
                    7/. Leonard ran LOL
                    8/. Do you watch boxing LOL
                    I claimed "do you watch boxing?" that is not a claim it is a rhetorical question. I did not say "Hagler is stupid" I said it was a stupid move to box Duran, that doesn't make him a stupid fighter. Do you have a response?
                    Last edited by Mr.MojoRisin'; 01-31-2016, 02:25 PM.

Comment

It has been rehashed and destroyed for years. YEARS!! One guy is just in total denial of the truth and it seems his life is consumed by it.

Comment

Working...
                      X