No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Omar Figueroa Outpoints Antonio Demarco In A Thriller

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Omar Figueroa Outpoints Antonio Demarco In A Thriller

Antonio Demarco came out of retirement, trained to no end and fought his heart out, but in the end came up just short in a spirited effort versus Omar Figueroa.

Their furiously paced 12 rounds of action saw Figueroa claim a unanimous decision, winning by scores of 115-113 (twice) and 116-112.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The title makes it sound like DeMarco got the win lol

Comment

Antonio "the 10 Round Possum" DeMarco

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        The title makes it sound like DeMarco got the win lol
        lol I was like wtf he didnt win.

Comment

He outlasted him but it wasn't quite enough to win. Figs was gassed in the championship rounds.

Comment

Great scrap round 11 was a classic I rooting hard for DeMarco I thought he was on the verge of stopping Figueroa he came up short this was his best performance since the Linares fight

Comment

Demarco had him in the 10th with a body shot and let him off the hook good fight I would like to see it again

Comment

I can see it now
                Canelo vs Figueroa ppv Cinco de Mayo 2016
                But wait for it... At the full Middle weight limit!!! He wouldn't be draining Figueroa and they would both be going up in weight WBC approved.

Comment

Not a fan of Figueroa's pressure slugging style and just trapping at the ropes. If they fight again...DeMarco should just train uppercutting at the ropes. Done deal

Comment

Run Back To Joel Diaz

Omar Figueroa needs to run back to Joel Diaz. This guy needs to fight at junior welterweight first off. Ridiculous that he was the main event and came in overweight.

Secondly he needs to go back to Joel Diaz. He needs a trainer like Joel Diaz to continue to help develop his skills which up to this point in his career haven't gotten any better.

Once he starts fighting more complete fighters that aren't going to allow you to bully them into the ropes and make it a phone booth fight he will struggle and probably get dominated.

He's way to one dimensional still, and once he starts fighting good counter punchers, guys who box, etc......he will lose that "0" real quick.

He proved to tonight he's not ready for prime time, he's not ready for the cream of the crop in his division, and needs WAY more development.

Comment

Working...
                    X