No announcement yet.

Rest In Peace Gary Speed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest In Peace Gary Speed.

Wales football manager Gary Speed has died at the age of 42.

The Football Association of Wales (FAW) has told the BBC it appears Speed, the national manager for nearly a year, killed himself.

Cheshire Police confirmed he was found dead at 07:08 GMT at his home in Huntington, Chester. They said there were no suspicious circumstances.

Former Wales team mate Ryan Giggs said: "Words cannot begin to describe how sad I feel at hearing this awful news."

He said: "Our thoughts are with his family at what must be a very difficult time for them."

The FAW said: "We extend our sympathies and condolences to the family.

"We ask that everyone respects the family's privacy at this very sad time."

The FAW added: "That this tragedy should have overtaken someone so young and talented is a huge loss not only for his family and friends but a nation as a whole."

Speed, who was awarded the MBE in the 2010 Birthday Honours, leaves a wife and two children.

Phil Pritchard, FAW president, said they would do "whatever we can" to help Speed's family.

In a statement, Cheshire Police said: "At 7.08am on Sunday 27th November Cheshire Police was informed of a sudden death at an address in Huntington in Chester.

"Officers went to the scene where a 42-year-old man was found dead.

"The next of kin have been informed and have confirmed the identity of the man as Gary Speed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15909277

wow news to me, they ain't mentioned it on BBC 5 Live yet

Comment

I saw him being interviewed just the other day and you wouldn't have thought he had any problems. Tragic for a guy who seemingly had so much live to for. RIP.

Comment

Really cut up about this.

Found out after work and joined my mates up the pub with a lot of whiskeys.

Just feeling numb and hasn't sunk in.

RIP Speed!

Comment

R.i.p............

Comment

his kids didnt deserve this

i hope they can get over it all and be better people for it all

Comment

Didn't have the chance to post anything at the time, but RIP Speedo... the tributes from fans said it all really, a genuine Welsh premier league legend and there's not many of those
              Put the pride back into the Welsh jersey, and he'll be remembered here for doing so.

Comment

rip, great player

Comment

Working...
                X