Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you prefer trashtalker fighter or gentleman fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you prefer trashtalker fighter or gentleman fighter?

Do you prefer fighter who talk trash and act like gangbanger or do you prefer fighter who acts civilized and talk with fists?

Discuss.
    I like Trashtalker
    13.64%
    I like Civilized fighter.
    86.36%

Originally posted by Hazard View Post
    Do you prefer fighter who talk trash and act like gangbanger or do you prefer fighter who acts civilized and talk with fists?

Discuss.
    It depends, I don't like the trashtalking that Mayorga and Vargas do. Where they involve your family and ****, and I also don't like the one like Floyd and Berto who talk **** all day but when the challenge presents itself, they back down and retract there statement. I'd say I like the civilized gentleman type fighter.

Comment

I don't mind a smack talker, as long as his smack talk is entertainin, and he actually has the ****in balls to back it up.

Comment

Both if they are smart.

There is class and class and ther eis smart trash talking ands stupid trash talking.

Mayorga,Barrios,Vargas and Toney did the nice badass but with a pinch of comedy trash talk.

But guys like Judah or Mayewather or Casamayor just look stupid when they talk trash since the brain doesn't et used.

On the flip side guys like Lewis,Andrade,Vazquez,Bute,Katsidis,Corrales,Gatti ,de la Hoya are nice inteligent guys.

But then again Hasim Rahman is a good guy but whenever someone pushes him he goes bad.You gotta make up your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
          I don't mind a smack talker, as long as his smack talk is entertainin, and he actually has the ****in balls to back it up.
          What he said.

Welcome back, mang.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
            Let me guess, Haye?

Smack talking is good. But smack talking retired fighters *cough* Froch-Calzaghe *cough* is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazard View Post

Discuss.
              Depends how good at trash-talkin' the trash talker is an is the gentleman fighter really a genuine gentleman, ya get it.

For example: Muhammad Ali - the greatest trash-talker to ever live! I liked his type of trash-talking, it was witty, there was actually some substance to the stuff he spewed out !

The Floyd's and James Toney's of the world, well, they're just plain out trash.

Now, Mike Tyson was pretty graphic with his trash-talkin' , but it seemed like he really meant it.

Like, when he said "he was gonna eat his children" he probably would've.

As far as the gentleman fighter.

I don't know, De La Joto is a fighter that comes up often in many fans's minds when you say 'Gentleman fighter', but at the same time, he always came off plastic to me, as if, the whole gentleman image is an act!

Now, Manny PACquiao, there's sincerity in his words, he comes off genuine to me.
              Last edited by We want Floyd; 08-16-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I don't really care for the most part, although I do think that some of trash talk from the likes of Mayorga, Ali, and Bramble were pretty tasteless and cruel.

Comment

It just depends on who it is and how they go about it.

Some of my favorites have completely different public images than one another.
                  Roy Jones Shane Mosley
                  James Toney George Foreman
                  Mike Tyson Evander Holyfield
                  Muhammad Ali Joe Frazier
                  Ray Leonard Terry Norris

Comment

Originally posted by We want Floyd View Post
                    Depends how good at trash-talkin' the trash talker is an is the gentleman fighter really a genuine gentleman, ya get it.

For example: Muhammad Ali - the greatest trash-talker to ever live! I liked his type of trash-talking, it was witty, there was actually some substance to the stuff he spewed out !

The Floyd's and James Toney's of the world, well, they're just plain out trash.

As far as the gentleman fighter.

I don't know, De La Joto is a fighter that comes up often in many fans's minds when you say 'Gentleman fighter', but at the same time, he always came off plastic to me, as if, the whole thing gentleman image is an act!

Now, Manny PACquiao, there's sincerity in his words.

Ali's trash talk was witty?

Aside from the occasional funny rhyme or two here and there most of what he said was pretty tasteless and vulgar.

If you liked that you should love Toney and Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X