No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr dares Cotto and Canelo to fight on the same date

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icha View Post
    he must have a perfect record just like you...
    anyways, duBoef is negotiating on cottos side, so it will be toprank-GB copromotion and arum has expressed that he wants this on 5 de mayo at vegas.. go figure..
    Yeah, the same Arum that said yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth. The same Arum that said they have to build an outdoor stadium first in order to make a certain mega fight.

I think I'll wait and see how everything unfolds. It's a bit too early.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
      Yeah, the same Arum that said yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth. The same Arum that said they have to build an outdoor stadium first in order to make a certain mega fight.

I think I'll wait and see how everything unfolds. It's a bit too early.
      arum lies every now and then, but the old man is after the money and he doesnt care about cotto being at disadvantage, but you are right is a bit too early..

Comment

arum lies every now and then, but the old man is after the money and he doesnt care about cotto being at disadvantage, but you are right is a bit too early..
        Arum is not the concern. The concern is Cotto himself. And Canelo too, as they both have huge egos. Keep in mind, Cotto has already turned down a Canelo fight in the past. He has also turned down a lucrative Pacquaio match straight up.

So like I said, I will wait and see how things unfold. I would love for the fight to happen. But I know better than to assume it's going to be easy to make.

Comment

Another example about Arum though.

CHAVEZ JR. DENIES ARUM'S CLAIM THAT HE'S BEEN OFFERED A FIGHT WITH CARL FROCH: "THESE ARE LIES, LIES, ALL LIES!"

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article18159.html

Comment

CHAVEZ JR. DENIES ARUM'S CLAIM THAT HE'S BEEN OFFERED A FIGHT WITH CARL FROCH: "THESE ARE LIES, LIES, ALL LIES!"

he is a promoter and they all lie when is convenient, i dont see a reason for arum to lie about this one, but you never know...

Comment

if nobody is fighting at mgm on that date why go to NY? when we all know that mgm is the mecca of boxing and thats where the money is... and we are not just talking about cotto's money, but everybody else involved in that fight...
              that fight deserves to be at the mecca of boxing on the biggest boxing date period..
              Definitely, if nobody is fighting at the MGM then I'm sure it will be fine with Cotto, you just gotta pay him or make a concession here and there.

I'm just remembering back before Margarito I...when Cotto was determined that the fight happen in 8oz gloves and wanted it to be in NY where that is the standard at WW. Arum wanted Vegas so he had to go out of his way to lobby the NSAC to change their rule on glove size at WW for that fight. I expect he will be making some sort demand, he plays his card right most of the time

Comment

First time im seeing this

Comment

Working...
                X