No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barker Vows To Beat Sergio Martinez For Late Brother

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Barker Vows To Beat Sergio Martinez For Late Brother

DARREN BARKER will choke back the tears as he remembers his dead brother Gary before his world-title shot.

[Click Here To Read More]

yeah, when i looked into barker i heard the story on his brother. tragic thing to happen and go through, rip gary barker.

that said, darren barker isn't on martinez's level. unless sergio becomes old overnight, i'm not sure if he'll even win a round on october 1st. good luck to him, hope he comes to fight and puts on a hell of a performance/effort.

Comment

as long as barker doesn't show up for a paycheck and to "survive" he will honor his brothers memory. . . but i agree chiguy, i doubt he wins a single round. . . i HOPE he makes me eat my words and beats martinez. . . that would be so brilliant. . .

Comment

don't dedicate a losing fight to your late brother

Comment

RIP to ur bro! Sad and tragic! Sergio is one of the best athletes in boxing today! That said I doubt ur gna last more than 4 rds! If that! So fight ur ass off and show us how much u wanna win and surprise us all with a good fight!

Comment

Go the distance Darren, that is enough of a tribute

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              don't dedicate a losing fight to your late brother
              But in a fight where you have very slim chance of winning, give your all and leave it all in the ring, that's enough of a tribute.

Comment

Making the distance will be the best thing Darren can achieve. I hope he proves me wrong, but it isn't going to happen. We need Macklin/Barker next year for sure.

I've read a lot about Gary being the more talented of the 2 brothers in the ams.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                  Making the distance will be the best thing Darren can achieve. I hope he proves me wrong, but it isn't going to happen. We need Macklin/Barker next year for sure.

I've read a lot about Gary being the more talented of the 2 brothers in the ams.
                  If Andy Lee is able to beat Brian Vera, Lou Dibella has hinted towards matching him with Matthew Macklin. I think that fight will happen before Macklin/Barker, even though that would be a great fight.

Comment

going the distance would be an injustice to his brother if he doesn't LEAVE IT ALL in the ring. . . If he just "tries to go the distance", performance and integrity notwithstanding - that's not nearly as good of a tribute as getting KO'd, but going all out!

Comment

Working...
                    X