Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Gervais

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen the show he has on HBO when they are made into cartoons, funny stuff. Thank Reed, I will check all those out tho.

Comment

Originally posted by CONORBOBWEAVE View Post
      Have they shown 'An idiot abroad' over in the US yet? It's basically Karl Pilkington going visiting the 7 wonders of the world and giving his bizarre views on all the countries he visits. Great programme.

There's a preview of the 1st episode.
      I know all about that show!!!!! Ive been trying to find out where or how I can watch it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        I like his comedy but this thread isn't really about questioning or comapring his comedic talents, it's his philosophy on life that I love and have a very similar one.

I have always said, art is very hard to define, who is to say what is or isn't art...

But a true artist can be defined IMO because you do it for the love of it and for yourself, not for the approval of someone else or to gain material things.

It's like an interview I saw with Prince a long time ago (One of my idols) He was asked how much music he has that hasn't been released to the public and when he plans to release it on his label.

He said he has more unreleased stuff than released stuff and he will NEVER release it because it's "FOR HIM".

That was really incredible for me to hear because it shows he makes music not to sell but because it's what he would be doing even if he wasn't successful at it.
        lots of people start off as true artists, then...well you know the rest (jay z)

Comment

I have seen the show he has on HBO when they are made into cartoons, funny stuff. Thank Reed, I will check all those out tho.
          They got new ones on now!

I think, I taped it but haven't seen it yet.

Karl Pinkington's diary= pure gold

Comment

All the stuff on the HBO show is taken straight from the podcasts. The podcasts are a lot better, trust me.

Comment

Have they shown 'An idiot abroad' over in the US yet? It's basically Karl Pilkington going visiting the 7 wonders of the world and giving his bizarre views on all the countries he visits. Great programme.

OMFG, I was almost in tears watching that

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                I know all about that show!!!!! Ive been trying to find out where or how I can watch it!
                http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/An-Idiot-Abroad_24038/

You can see them all on there I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  lots of people start off as true artists, then...well you know the rest (jay z)
                  Good point..........

Comment

http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/An-Idiot-Abroad_24038/

You can see them all on there I think.
                    Watching right now thanks... they have a Blu Ray of the show available Im gonna order it.

Comment

"An Idiot Abroad" is one of the funnier shows I've ever seen.

Gervais was on CNN last night talking bout the Golden Globes. Can't embed.

Comment

Working...
                      X