No announcement yet.

worst heavyweight champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Instead of debating my reasoning you only claim I shot myself in the foot. Truth is that your the only one who keeps shooting himself. Yes, Briggs and Rahman are in different leagues. One was able to stop an ATG champion, the other was gifted a fight with lousy scoring. But hey, according to you we should all agree Briggs beat Foreman because the judges said so, right?
    Nope.. not at all, Briggs win over Foreman, was the worst decision in Heavyweight championship history. For you to claim Rahman is different league to Briggs is fanciful. Briggs is a vastly superior fighter than Rahman. Maybe you can explain

Rahman vs Maskaev (1) & (2)

You are claiming Rahman is greater, because he knocked out an ATG champion. Yet Lewis was poleaxed years earlier by another mediocre journeyman, named Oliver McCall. It is not like Max Schmeling who knocked out Joe Louis. Schmeling was a former champion himself... You simply don and won't accept Lennox Lewis pitfalls. Here you are trying to make out Hasim Rahman, is not the worst or one of the very worst, heavyweight champions in history. Raham fought another 7 World Heavyweight Title fights, winning not a single one of them. Rahman never before or after, was he able to poleaxe any other opponent, like he did Lennox Lewis. Same goes for Oliver McCall who fought a long list of "tomato-cans" yet never once, did he poleaxe any opponent, like he did Lennox Lewis.

Some may point the finger at Lewis, claiming him to be "unable to take a punch"... If i recall correctly, Shannon Briggs, had Lewis on queer street, back in 1998. Now you are entitled to your opinion, but i cannot go along with Rahman being better than Briggs. It's simply beyond the realms of probability. especially considering Rahman's two knock out defeats to Maskaev. How do you explain them?

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      Nope.. not at all, Briggs win over Foreman, was the worst decision in Heavyweight championship history. For you to claim Rahman is different league to Briggs is fanciful. Briggs is a vastly superior fighter than Rahman. Maybe you can explain

You are claiming Rahman is greater, because he knocked out an ATG champion. Yet Lewis was poleaxed years earlier by another mediocre journeyman, named Oliver McCall. It is not like Max Schmeling who knocked out Joe Louis. Schmeling was a former champion himself... You simply don and won't accept Lennox Lewis pitfalls. Here you are trying to make out Hasim Rahman, is not the worst or one of the very worst, heavyweight champions in history. Raham fought another 7 World Heavyweight Title fights, winning not a single one of them. Rahman never before or after, was he able to poleaxe any other opponent, like he did Lennox Lewis. Same goes for Oliver McCall who fought a long list of "tomato-cans" yet never once, did he poleaxe any opponent, like he did Lennox Lewis.

Some may point the finger at Lewis, claiming him to be "unable to take a punch"... If i recall correctly, Shannon Briggs, had Lewis on queer street, back in 1998. Now you are entitled to your opinion, but i cannot go along with Rahman being better than Briggs. It's simply beyond the realms of probability. especially considering Rahman's two knock out defeats to Maskaev. How do you explain them?
      You obviously have reading comprehension problems. The question was who was the worst champion. Rahman win over Lewis is far more impressive than Briggs robbery of Foreman. That Lewis could come back and dispatch Rahman is just more testimony of his greatness to overcome adversity.

Comment

If Lewis couldn't take a punch how did he get hit square multiple times by Tyson without budging and while rocked by Vitali was able to stay on his feet ?Can you explain that one last time i checked Lewis was not k.od since Rahman or battered like you wish to paint .

Can you explain Golota battering Bowe ? Who you hold so much higher than Lewis and he did it twice only low blows saved Bowes legacy .Lewis actually got hit by a stronger version of Holyfield who hit him with a monsterous left hook yet the weak chinned Lewis brushed it off hows that?
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-15-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          That fight was a site to behold...half the time Canera Baer decided to wrestle instead of box. Baer also was in a clowning mood. Would not have wanted to be the ref for that one!
          I've always held a bit of a soft spot for Baer. Part of me always wonders how good he could of been had he not of been a joker. I guess his life was more enjoyable for him being so though!

Had he not have been scared stiff against Louis that fight could have been a classic. The outcome wouldn't have been any different of course. At times Max's style was reminiscent of that of a fighter from twenty years previous whilst Louis for the most part was light years ahead of what the majority of heavyweights were doing.

Comment

Who is the worst heavyweight champion in history? Using both skillset and resume cast your vote and discuss.
            This is almost sacrilegious of me to ask this question because I've got nothing but love for the man and his win over Oliver McCall is quite possibly my all time favourite sporting moment but, do you think Big Frank could have made the list?

Comment

You obviously have reading comprehension problems. The question was who was the worst champion. Rahman win over Lewis is far more impressive than Briggs robbery of Foreman. That Lewis could come back and dispatch Rahman is just more testimony of his greatness to overcome adversity.
              explain Rahman vs Maskaev 1 & 2

Comment

Speaking of Baer, I'm surprised he has not been nominated.

You can probably count on Boris Yeltsin's healthy fingers how many legitimate Top 10-rated heavyweights he would beat post-1950.

Comment

Briggs never has Lewis on queer street. Agreed about Briggs being much better than Rahman. Briggs was very good actually. Unfortunately Lewis kind of derailed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemus View Post
                    Speaking of Baer, I'm surprised he has not been nominated.

You can probably count on Boris Yeltsin's healthy fingers how many legitimate Top 10-rated heavyweights he would beat post-1950.
                    I would put Baer on the short list of hardest punching heavyweights. His right was lethal...everybody talks about how he killed one guy (Roy Camillo, the brother of Dolph Camillo the Brooklyn Dodgers first baseman) and was indirectly implicated in killing another fighter. Its also true that he was hurt by this and may have become less aggressive. Many people felt that Max clowned in the ring because of this. Regardless, while Louis, for example, was much more refined and had many more weapons, along with Louis max's right had to be one of the most powerful ever.

Comment

explain Rahman vs Maskaev 1 & 2
                      Explain Briggs over Foreman being a better win than Rahman over Lewis. You cant, therefore you moronic claim Rahman was "by far" the worst heavyweight champion ever had no credibility.

Comment

Working...
                      X